Stuck with a brand new Note 10 Plus but want the new iPhone 11 Pro Max in midnight green.

Might have to dump the Note already.

Man, these are tough times.
    Arkidelik and iwoodland like this.
    09-25-2019 02:18 PM
    Stuck with a brand new Note 10 Plus but want the new iPhone 11 Pro Max in midnight green.

LOL I’d dump the Note but I wouldn’t have bought the note in the first place. I hate Samsung
    09-25-2019 02:23 PM

Heh, sounds like me when I was trying to decide between the Note 7 and the iPhone 7+. The Note recall did the deciding for me!
    09-25-2019 02:27 PM

Hope you didn’t pay full price for the note, don’t think your going to get that back.

Maybe you should just stick with it?

Personally I can’t stand the curved edges or that pimple hole punch on the note series.
    felloffthetruck and larsonage like this.
    09-25-2019 02:44 PM
    Hope you didn’t pay full price for the note, don’t think your going to get that back.

Maybe you should just stick with it?

Personally I can’t stand the curved edges or that pimple hole punch on the note series.
    The hole punch does not bother me but I absolutely hate the curved edges of the Samsung phones.
    larsonage likes this.
    09-25-2019 02:54 PM
    The hole punch does not bother me but I absolutely hate the curved edges of the Samsung phones.
    Yeah the curved edges are sound in theory but garbage in practice due to false touches and glare from the curvature.

The hole punch is in the center of the top of the display, surrounding it, to me it looks like a giant dead pixel that’s extremely irritating. The pimple reference is because it’s dead center in the middle of the top of the screen. You can’t unsee it.

My point being I don’t think your going to get much for your note 10 plus, so might as well stick with it.

Why are you looking to switch?
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    09-25-2019 03:07 PM

I would say keep the Note 10 Plus. Both it and the iPhone 11 Pro are excellent devices but since they are essentially near identical when it comes to battery life, display, cameras, performance etc getting the 11 Pro would be costly.

When it comes to the hole punch, curved display etc it really depends on your own opinion and how you find those features.
    09-25-2019 03:34 PM
    My Nephew bought the Note 10+ on release day and loves it so much. I got to test drive it and it’s nice but Android is what killed it for me

As for switching you will lose out on money but will get a better all around device in my opinion
    09-25-2019 04:05 PM
    The curved edges are horrible. I used a S8 and most recently a S10 and with both the glare was so bad it drove me nuts. I don’t know how it doesn’t bother more people.
    09-25-2019 05:24 PM

I left the iPhone XS for the Note 10+. I’m a little angry at myself for not holding off until i could see what Apple was putting out. I got tired of my phone dying by lunch time and looks like Apple fixed that on the Pro max.

I’ll probably just stick it out because if i sell my Note 10+ plus I’m losing about $150. Ugh.....
    09-25-2019 05:25 PM
    I left the iPhone XS for the Note 10+. I’m a little angry at myself for not holding off until i could see what Apple was putting out. I got tired of my phone dying by lunch time and looks like Apple fixed that on the Pro max.

I’ll probably just stick it out because if i sell my Note 10+ plus I’m losing about $150. Ugh.....
    I got the 512GB Note 10 Plus and as fast as Samsung prices dump I'm thinking more along the lines of losing $300-$400 trying to get rid of it.
    09-25-2019 05:37 PM
    I got the 512GB Note 10 Plus and as fast as Samsung prices dump I'm thinking more along the lines of losing $300-$400 trying to get rid of it.
    Yikes! Yeah that's a big hit. I just looked at swappa and mint condition they're selling the 256 version low 800's.
    09-25-2019 05:42 PM

In a word, yes,
    09-25-2019 06:50 PM

Other than wanting the dark green color, what other reason is causing you to consider dumping your brand new Note 10? The reason I ask is when the newness wears off, it all boils down to the functionality of the user interface, the apps and connectivity so before you dump your Note 10, be sure the iPhone will suit your needs.
    09-25-2019 06:56 PM
    All depends on your needs. Some people buy the Note just cuz it’s the latest and greatest but don’t use it to its full potential. I’m a Note user myself as my primary device. The battery on this Pro Max kills the battery in the Note but unfortunately for my needs the iPhone lacks so much of what I can do with the Note that I feel it’s worth more for the money. But again, it’s all up to your needs and what you really use out of a smartphone.
    09-25-2019 07:22 PM
    I bounce between Samsung and iPhone all the time, but I think that’s about to come to an end because the resell value on iPhones are just so much better.
    09-25-2019 07:37 PM
    You’re comparing apples to oranges honestly. Both are great devices but they do things differently. Have you used iOS in the past? List the things you dislike and like about the Note 10. Then compare that to what the iPhone is capable of. See if the iPhone makes more sense based on that list.
    Golurk, felloffthetruck and TgeekB like this.
    09-25-2019 09:44 PM
    Mine was more of a business decision. I do real estate appraisal and the note is a good size to do my inspection and having the s pen helps in placing the rooms and such. I was hoping apple would have something similar with the pencil.
    09-25-2019 10:02 PM
    LOL I’d dump the Note but I wouldn’t have bought the note in the first place. I hate Samsung
    Keep the note it's the better device I keep two lines one android and one ios. I just picked up the 11 in green which will arrive tomorrow.
    felloffthetruck and wbcolon like this.
    09-25-2019 11:37 PM
    Literally me and my girlfriend at the moment lol. We really like certain things about the Note series but still miss things from the iphone. I like the guarentee of knowing if there is a problem apple will fix it in a patch update. She likes imessages and all the cases lol.

We ended up at the moment just sticking it out with the Notes, figured the cost of paying early to upgrade and then the taxes on the iphone just to much. We would sell them out right but dont have back up phones for that. She said she would miss the theming and Spen. Which the Pen would definitely be missed. Plus the cost of buying new watches lol.

So all in all we feel like the Notes are fine and we'll stick it out with them for now..... which could last 2 more weeks or 2 months lol
    09-26-2019 12:16 AM
    I have both because I work with both platforms. I like the larger screen on the Note and of course the S pen with its ability to remotely control the camera shutter. There is (and will likely never be!) no size that fits all so if you want to have it all you're stuck with two phones. Like they say, experience is the best teacher and the most expensive!
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-26-2019 02:04 PM
    Well, some options:

- if you like your Note 10 but just decided you need an iPhone 11 Pro Max, and you have enough money to spend freely, so go ahead. You'll have two of the best gadgets in the world right now.

- if you don't like Note 10 and decided you need an iPhone, and don't mind losing some money: sell Note 10 now, or you'll lose more money in some few days. Then, be happy with your iPhone.

- if you like your Note 10 and it attends all your necessities, but decided you need an iPhone, but don't have money to have both and don't want to lose money: maybe it's better to consider if you really need an iPhone or are just becoming victim of the hype.

- if you like your Note 10 but don't have money to pay it, and just decided you need an iPhone but don't have money for it as well, so sell your Note 10, don't buy an iPhone and go searching for a better job, since nothing costs too much in this world, your payment that is too small
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    09-26-2019 02:48 PM
    I got to use the Note 10+ and iPhone 11 Pro Max yesterday at a live music event. I was right at the stage and my apple watch was showing a constant 112-116dB. I had to mute its constant >100dB warnings. It's OK I always wear earplugs.

In any case this is what I found concerning video:

Both devices were set at UHD 3840x2160 at sixty frames/sec.

The Note 10+ is sharper. Its audio has issues with the loud inputs. No serious distortion or crackle on kick drum hits or numbing guitar chords, but it's not great.

iPhone 11 Pro Max audio sounds great. When zooming the sound stage and levels are changing but not annoyingly so. 21" crash cymbal hits at 120+ dB are not subdued at all or have an "edge" to them like the Note 10+

The best result was with iPhone 11 Pro Max using Filmic Pro on ultra settings. Very smooth zooming, great audio rivaling a dedicated digital recorder(!) and just overall feel that when watched on our DAW's dual 8K displays, is hard to believe it was captured on a mobile phone! Amazing combo.

Does that make the Note 10+ bad, nope, not at all. But if you want the best video AND sound at loud gigs, iphone pro capture > Note 10+. If all you care about is video, the Note 10+ is very nice. I wish they would use a scroll toggle/button instead of pinch though.
    kataran likes this.
    09-26-2019 08:54 PM

Admittedly I had the Samsung Galaxy S10+, not the Note, but boy I was so unhappy with it that I swapped back to my old iPhone 7 Plus for the last couple of months before the iPhone 11 launch. My wife was so fed up with me whinging and moaning about constant and repeated app crashes, the in-screen fingerprint scanner being terrible and the 'Face Unlock' being so unsecure that a picture of my face from her phone could unlock it that she has forbidden me from ever swapping away from Apple. Honestly, i'm fine with that.

All of my apple devices have just worked flawlessly out of the box. App crashes are a rarity and the phone is absolutely perfect for someone like me who just wants a phone that works without drama, but maybe hasn't got all the latest bells and whistles that the Android people geek over that never work properly for the first iteration or two until Apple come along and perfect them...
    Auronda40 likes this.
    09-27-2019 12:51 AM
    I would go with the phone that you want most. You may lose some money, but if keeping one that you don't like is going to make you unhappy, then why keep it? Life is short. Be happy. Sell the other one for as much as you can and be done with it.
    09-27-2019 10:49 AM
178 123 ...