Should I dump my new Note 10 Plus for the iPhone 11 Pro Max?

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I understand where you're coming from, but I couldn't stand the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor. It only worked about half the time for me and I had to position my thumb just right in order for it to work. FaceID is much more convenient and that convenience alone is why I am sticking with the iPhone 11 Pro Max.

I couldn't agree more. I ordered my Pro Max and it doesn't ship till at the earliest Nov 6th. The FPS in the screen does not work worth a $%!@ for me and I have reset my fingerprints numerous times and even saved the same finger numerous times. Face ID is legit on the iPhone. Really wish Samsung would have put more effort into the FPS before they released it. Definitely a bummer.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Was that all? I have never locked my phone. There’s nothing on it worth anything for me lol.

Some users don’t have much of a choice, work policy would require a pin or biometric security for access to company email.

But you should get what you want no point paying Apple prices if your prefer another phone.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Many have said that the Note 10+ has a good fingerprint sensor...hmmm

Was that before or after Samsung admitted the security flaw regarding the sensor....Hmmmm

“Banks remove apps from Google Play store over Samsung security flaw”

ad9e379a4885d4bfad3c401567b5bd4d.jpg

How is your note 10 fingerprint sensor?

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Was that before or after Samsung admitted the security flaw regarding the sensor....Hmmmm

“Banks remove apps from Google Play store over Samsung security flaw”

ad9e379a4885d4bfad3c401567b5bd4d.jpg

How is your note 10 fingerprint sensor?

Idk why that’s such a big issue now... as far as I’m concerned it’s never worked correctly.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I have had an issue with YouTube not keeping my previous video open and tapatalk resetting back to home)

Interestingly odd, i have an iPhone X and with its limited RAM does an incredible job keeping my paused Youtube video in memory...sometimes i can go back half a day later and its still there. I had the Pixel 3 Regular and man was that a horrible experience, it couldnt hold anything in memory with its RAM issues...it couldnt even scroll Youtube feed properly (stopped every 5 videos). Im amazed with my X its incredible at managing tasks.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Interestingly odd, i have an iPhone X and with its limited RAM does an incredible job keeping my paused Youtube video in memory...sometimes i can go back half a day later and its still there. I had the Pixel 3 Regular and man was that a horrible experience, it couldnt hold anything in memory with its RAM issues...it couldnt even scroll Youtube feed properly (stopped every 5 videos). Im amazed with my X its incredible at managing tasks.

Yea I heard that about the pixel 3 as well. My note 8 did great though. This pro max is a beast but I feel like I won’t even be able to really hammer it with anything I throw as it. I just wish it did have more ram.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Yea I heard that about the pixel 3 as well. My note 8 did great though. This pro max is a beast but I feel like I won’t even be able to really hammer it with anything I throw as it. I just wish it did have more ram.

For some reason Google only had 4GB RAM on the Pixel 3...and now the 4 has a tiny battery. Come on!

vizagdude

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I couldn't agree more. I ordered my Pro Max and it doesn't ship till at the earliest Nov 6th. The FPS in the screen does not work worth a $%!@ for me and I have reset my fingerprints numerous times and even saved the same finger numerous times. Face ID is legit on the iPhone. Really wish Samsung would have put more effort into the FPS before they released it. Definitely a bummer.

Hey, if you are living by an Apple store, I'd recommend you to go in-person. I pre-ordered the Midnight Green and then saw the Space Grey and fell in love with it. I was checking Apple website and istocknow.com, but all of them showing Pors as unavailbale. So I went ahead and ordered the SG online with a ship date of Oct 22 and later.

During one of my trips to the mall, I walked into an Apple store and enquired about the SG Pro Max and they had a few available. I immediatelly returned my MG and got the SG and canceled my online order.

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey, if you are living by an Apple store, I'd recommend you to go in-person. I pre-ordered the Midnight Green and then saw the Space Grey and fell in love with it. I was checking Apple website and istocknow.com, but all of them showing Pors as unavailbale. So I went ahead and ordered the SG online with a ship date of Oct 22 and later.

During one of my trips to the mall, I walked into an Apple store and enquired about the SG Pro Max and they had a few available. I immediatelly returned my MG and got the SG and canceled my online order.

I would do that if I wasn't using my JUMP on T-Mobile.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
For some reason Google only had 4GB RAM on the Pixel 3...and now the 4 has a tiny battery. Come on!
My last several phones have been android (Pixel 2 XL, S9+, Pixel 3 XL, S10+, to name a few). I was excited for the Pixel 4XL until I actually saw the specs. Disappointing doesn’t cover it. The S10+ was a fantastic device, save for the meh camera image processing. I never saw lag or stuttering, and it got monthly security updates. Samsung has really upped their game.

I haven’t been on iOS since the iPhone 6 came out.

I just flipped my S10+ for an iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Holy hell. I love this phone. No lag or stuttering, and the battery life MURDERS any Android phone I have owned.

Now on to the cameras. Apple has been falling behind in the camera department in the last several years. I have been taking the iPhone 11 PM cameras for a spin (I’m on iOS 13.2 beta, so I get Deep Fusion), and they are crazy good. Processing and colour is far better than my S10+ was. Apple nailed it this time. So far I’m loving being back on iPhone, and this coming from a die hard Android user who spent years hating on Apple.

Rebekkah121

Oct 7, 2019
Visit site
Both are top of the line phones, so that’s a hard question. iPhone 11 Pro Max and Note 10 Plus are amazing phones, with excellent camera and picture quality, sound quality, and display. I think it only comes down to the feel of the phone. If I had a Note 10 Plus, I wouldn’t get rid of just yet!

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I find the note 10 + to be the superior device. It's faster and easier to use than the pro max. As far as photos go they are both great cameras can't really say if one is better than the other.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I don’t understand how he couldn’t figure out that you can have a blank screen page, just has to her page 1. Other than that it’s a good video.

Well he was a long time note user that switched to the iPhone, guess it took him a minute to stop caring about icon placement on the home screen and enjoy the ecosystem and superior app quality on iOS vs android.

On the topic of hardware, contrary to what some posters were claiming in previous posts, the iPhone pro displays are really in a class of their own.
https://youtu.be/2i10OY9xYyg

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Heh, sounds like me when I was trying to decide between the Note 7 and the iPhone 7+. The Note recall did the deciding for me!

I left Samsung because if the Note 7 debacle
And I was diehard Note user. So disappointed. But I am happy on Apple. I just wish the pencil worked with the phone. I miss the spen but that’s ALL I miss

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My midnight green beauty arrives tomorrow!

I suggest setting up as new and not from backup. It takes longer, but I have found it to be worth while and I haven't had any issues with my 11 Pro Max 256gb Midnight Green iPhone running all the different versions of iOS13.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77