Should I dump my new Note 10 Plus for the iPhone 11 Pro Max?

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Stuck with a brand new Note 10 Plus but want the new iPhone 11 Pro Max in midnight green.

Might have to dump the Note already. :rolleyes:

Man, these are tough times.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Stuck with a brand new Note 10 Plus but want the new iPhone 11 Pro Max in midnight green.

Hope you didn’t pay full price for the note, don’t think your going to get that back.

Maybe you should just stick with it?

Personally I can’t stand the curved edges or that pimple hole punch on the note series.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Hope you didn’t pay full price for the note, don’t think your going to get that back.

Maybe you should just stick with it?

Personally I can’t stand the curved edges or that pimple hole punch on the note series.

The hole punch does not bother me but I absolutely hate the curved edges of the Samsung phones.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The hole punch does not bother me but I absolutely hate the curved edges of the Samsung phones.

Yeah the curved edges are sound in theory but garbage in practice due to false touches and glare from the curvature.

The hole punch is in the center of the top of the display, surrounding it, to me it looks like a giant dead pixel that’s extremely irritating. The pimple reference is because it’s dead center in the middle of the top of the screen. You can’t unsee it.

My point being I don’t think your going to get much for your note 10 plus, so might as well stick with it.

Why are you looking to switch?

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site

I would say keep the Note 10 Plus. Both it and the iPhone 11 Pro are excellent devices but since they are essentially near identical when it comes to battery life, display, cameras, performance etc getting the 11 Pro would be costly.

When it comes to the hole punch, curved display etc it really depends on your own opinion and how you find those features.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
My Nephew bought the Note 10+ on release day and loves it so much. I got to test drive it and it’s nice but Android is what killed it for me

As for switching you will lose out on money but will get a better all around device in my opinion

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

The curved edges are horrible. I used a S8 and most recently a S10 and with both the glare was so bad it drove me nuts. I don’t know how it doesn’t bother more people.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

I left the iPhone XS for the Note 10+. I’m a little angry at myself for not holding off until i could see what Apple was putting out. I got tired of my phone dying by lunch time and looks like Apple fixed that on the Pro max.

I’ll probably just stick it out because if i sell my Note 10+ plus I’m losing about $150. Ugh.....

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I left the iPhone XS for the Note 10+. I’m a little angry at myself for not holding off until i could see what Apple was putting out. I got tired of my phone dying by lunch time and looks like Apple fixed that on the Pro max.

I’ll probably just stick it out because if i sell my Note 10+ plus I’m losing about $150. Ugh.....

I got the 512GB Note 10 Plus and as fast as Samsung prices dump I'm thinking more along the lines of losing $300-$400 trying to get rid of it. :crying:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Other than wanting the dark green color, what other reason is causing you to consider dumping your brand new Note 10? The reason I ask is when the newness wears off, it all boils down to the functionality of the user interface, the apps and connectivity so before you dump your Note 10, be sure the iPhone will suit your needs.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
All depends on your needs. Some people buy the Note just cuz it’s the latest and greatest but don’t use it to its full potential. I’m a Note user myself as my primary device. The battery on this Pro Max kills the battery in the Note but unfortunately for my needs the iPhone lacks so much of what I can do with the Note that I feel it’s worth more for the money. But again, it’s all up to your needs and what you really use out of a smartphone.

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I bounce between Samsung and iPhone all the time, but I think that’s about to come to an end because the resell value on iPhones are just so much better.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
You’re comparing apples to oranges honestly. Both are great devices but they do things differently. Have you used iOS in the past? List the things you dislike and like about the Note 10. Then compare that to what the iPhone is capable of. See if the iPhone makes more sense based on that list.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Mine was more of a business decision. I do real estate appraisal and the note is a good size to do my inspection and having the s pen helps in placing the rooms and such. I was hoping apple would have something similar with the pencil.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
LOL I’d dump the Note but I wouldn’t have bought the note in the first place. I hate Samsung
Keep the note it's the better device I keep two lines one android and one ios. I just picked up the 11 in green which will arrive tomorrow.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Literally me and my girlfriend at the moment lol. We really like certain things about the Note series but still miss things from the iphone. I like the guarentee of knowing if there is a problem apple will fix it in a patch update. She likes imessages and all the cases lol.

We ended up at the moment just sticking it out with the Notes, figured the cost of paying early to upgrade and then the taxes on the iphone just to much. We would sell them out right but dont have back up phones for that. She said she would miss the theming and Spen. Which the Pen would definitely be missed. Plus the cost of buying new watches lol.

So all in all we feel like the Notes are fine and we'll stick it out with them for now..... which could last 2 more weeks or 2 months lol