Should I dump my new Note 10 Plus for the iPhone 11 Pro Max?

daddyd302

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I previously had the Oneplus 7 pro on T-Mobile until last Monday. I took it in and used my jump on demand and took the Note 10 plus. I did watch some video reviews on the 10 plus and the 11 pro max. For me at that time I was turned off by T-Mobile not having any 256GB 11 pro max in stock and the earliest I could get it is Nov 6.

I thought I could live with the 10 plus even though I thought the 11 pro max took better pictures, so I went for the Note. All through the week I kept watching more and more 10 plus vs 11 pro max and I started to regret my choice. I then saw this video which I'll post below and it convinced me to take back the Note 10 plus.

Since T-Mobile had no 256GB of any color 11 pro max, I had to go to Apple. On Friday I had to drive 1hr 15 minutes out to Madison from Milwaukee to get the silver 256GB. Been testing the 11 pro max out this weekend and I know I made the right choice this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFYAACe2Nmk

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I previously had the Oneplus 7 pro on T-Mobile until last Monday. I took it in and used my jump on demand and took the Note 10 plus. I did watch some video reviews on the 10 plus and the 11 pro max. For me at that time I was turned off by T-Mobile not having any 256GB 11 pro max in stock and the earliest I could get it is Nov 6.

I thought I could live with the 10 plus even though I thought the 11 pro max took better pictures, so I went for the Note. All through the week I kept watching more and more 10 plus vs 11 pro max and I started to regret my choice. I then saw this video which I'll post below and it convinced me to take back the Note 10 plus.

Since T-Mobile had no 256GB of any color 11 pro max, I had to go to Apple. On Friday I had to drive 1hr 15 minutes out to Madison from Milwaukee to get the silver 256GB. Been testing the 11 pro max out this weekend and I know I made the right choice this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFYAACe2Nmk

Yea same here. That video is nuts and completely accurate. I tried the note 10+ twice and it’s a definite downgrade from my note 8. I actually miss my note 8 but the pro max is just so much better. It’s a crazy good media consumption device.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
Na I love a "heavy" phone, seems more secure in my hand, like I know its there. The lighter phones I feel like its easier for me to drop

I’m the opposite. If a phone is heavy I feel like it’s gonna fall and smash because of how much weight it is and gravity pulling it to the ground. A lighter phone that I can almost use one handed feels more secure because I feel like I can get a firmer grip on it

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else thing the pro max’s only down side is the weight?

Not at all. I like the weight of the Pro Max. The extra weight (Pro Max 226 grams) feels like it's made with quality and also feels GREAT in the hand.
Thats one of the things that turns me off from the Samsung Note series. Honestly they just feel light and cheaply made compared to iPhones.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Well today is my last day to get the note10+ on sale. (I think) but not my last day to return the pro max. I love my pro max but there are 2 things IPhones can’t allow me to do and that’s multitask and PIP. That’s about the same thing and the other thing is to run nerdy apps like cell mapper, signal check pro, and Wi-Fi analyzer. I don’t need those apps to function but there is a slight nerd factor for me there.
The things that are pros for the iPhone is battery, camera (which I don’t use often but it’s really nice to have), timely updates, slightly better speaker sound, longevity (but I would buy the 5G model of it was worth the upgrade), the UI and apps do looks better but mostly both are about the same app wise for the better apps out there.

The pros of the note 10+ are bigger screen, more ram (yea the iPhone 11 should have had more, no reason it to. I have had an issue with YouTube not keeping my previous video open and tapatalk resetting back to home), Samsung pay for a little convenience, multitasking, pc integration (never used it before but I might for messages), price (currently $450 less then my pro max), Spen for some simple photo editing for work but the iPhone can do the same but not as quick or easy (don’t use it often)

Not sure why I’m even still thinking about the note 10+ either given how nice the iPhone is. Maybe it’s the fact that my note 8 was great for the 2 years I had it. Maybe it’s the nerdy factor. I just don’t know.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Well today is my last day to get the note10+ on sale. (I think) but not my last day to return the pro max. I love my pro max but there are 2 things IPhones can’t allow me to do and that’s multitask and PIP. That’s about the same thing and the other thing is to run nerdy apps like cell mapper, signal check pro, and Wi-Fi analyzer. I don’t need those apps to function but there is a slight nerd factor for me there.
The things that are pros for the iPhone is battery, camera (which I don’t use often but it’s really nice to have), timely updates, slightly better speaker sound, longevity (but I would buy the 5G model of it was worth the upgrade), the UI and apps do looks better but mostly both are about the same app wise for the better apps out there.

The pros of the note 10+ are bigger screen, more ram (yea the iPhone 11 should have had more, no reason it to. I have had an issue with YouTube not keeping my previous video open and tapatalk resetting back to home), Samsung pay for a little convenience, multitasking, pc integration (never used it before but I might for messages), price (currently $450 less then my pro max), Spen for some simple photo editing for work but the iPhone can do the same but not as quick or easy (don’t use it often)

Not sure why I’m even still thinking about the note 10+ either given how nice the iPhone is. Maybe it’s the fact that my note 8 was great for the 2 years I had it. Maybe it’s the nerdy factor. I just don’t know.

I feel your pain there! I ended up going the other direction, I used and enjoyed the Note 10+ for a little over a month. Then it came down to missing iMessage, the camera shoots a little better, the simplicity of iOS and the updates. The updates was probably the biggest reason. When I had the note live messages wouldn't send right over wifi. Who knows how long it would take for samsung/at&t to fix/update my phone; with apple they find and fix bugs pretty quickly. Also one big factor that just came to mind with that statement is, Apple stores I like the fact that if I have an issue I can go to a store that only deals with apple and get it fixed/replaced that day. I really think this is were samsung is falling behind, I know they have finally opened a few stores in the US but really should be opening up more to compete with apple. If we could just get apple and samsung to make a baby that would be great lol

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I feel your pain there! I ended up going the other direction, I used and enjoyed the Note 10+ for a little over a month. Then it came down to missing iMessage, the camera shoots a little better, the simplicity of iOS and the updates. The updates was probably the biggest reason. When I had the note live messages wouldn't send right over wifi. Who knows how long it would take for samsung/at&t to fix/update my phone; with apple they find and fix bugs pretty quickly. Also one big factor that just came to mind with that statement is, Apple stores I like the fact that if I have an issue I can go to a store that only deals with apple and get it fixed/replaced that day. I really think this is were samsung is falling behind, I know they have finally opened a few stores in the US but really should be opening up more to compete with apple. If we could just get apple and samsung to make a baby that would be great lol

Yea iMessage is great and almost everyone I know owns an iPhone I just wished Apple would support RCS.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

I understand where you're coming from, but I couldn't stand the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor. It only worked about half the time for me and I had to position my thumb just right in order for it to work. FaceID is much more convenient and that convenience alone is why I am sticking with the iPhone 11 Pro Max.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I understand where you're coming from, but I couldn't stand the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor. It only worked about half the time for me and I had to position my thumb just right in order for it to work. FaceID is much more convenient and that convenience alone is why I am sticking with the iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Was that all? I have never locked my phone. There’s nothing on it worth anything for me lol.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Was that all? I have never locked my phone. There’s nothing on it worth anything for me lol.
Yes, unfortunately it is very bad! I almost cannot live with it anymore. Only because if this s**t I continue to go and come back from my iPhone X, if Samsung put the "normal" sensor on this Note10+ it would be simply perfect for me. But this specific hardware is simply... Poor.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, unfortunately it is very bad! I almost cannot live with it anymore. Only because if this s**t I continue to go and come back from my iPhone X, if Samsung put the "normal" sensor on this Note10+ it would be simply perfect for me. But this specific hardware is simply... Poor.

Hmm. Well I’d probably never use it. Also I didn’t like the vibrating phone while using the speakers but that maybe the case I was using too as it was t a tight fit. Otherwise i didn’t mind it and am seriously debating going back.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77