Battery life is outstanding.

falconeight#IM

May 31, 2010
Visit site
For years I’ve been complaining about battery life. Apple has listened and I’ve actually struggled to kill this battery in a day. I took it off the charger at 5:00pm yesterday and it’s still at 45% with moderate normal everyday use. Some YouTube, few games, pictures, web, downloaded 10 movies, 2 hours at the gym playing music over Bluetooth, watched a movie, and text a whole lot. Good job apple!

lisainsf

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree, I took mine off this morning at 5:30 social media, took a few pictures, watched a video, played some games, emails etc, still at 61%. I also have the Note 10 plus and was impressed with that battery as I was getting a good 6 hours of screen on time and over 24 hours on a charge, but the Max is blowing it out of the water! Mom is getting a new Note phone soon LOL

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I know!!! I took it off the charger at around 4am. At around 3:30pm I it was 55% after pretty heavy use. I put it back on the charger then and took it off just 30 minutes or so later because I thought I was doing something tonight. Thunderstorms cancelled my plans. It’s now 6pm and at 80% still after that brief charge and use since then. I love it!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was just thinking this morning how impressed I am with the battery life of my iPhone 11 Pro Max. Well done, Apple!

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I’m giving it a bit of a stress test today. I got up around 7:45 and have been on it nearly all morning browsing iMore, Reddit, and playing a lot of Words With Friends which usually is a huge battery drainer. At 12:12pm I’m sitting at 82%. On my X I’d probably be in the low 60% by now.

falconeight#IM

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I took mine off of the charger at 7:00 am been using it normally all day and I’m at 80%. It’s damn amazing.

Last edited:

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Alright it’s now 9pm. I really put it through the ringer today since I didn’t have much to do. iMore, Reddit, Facebook, Words With Friends, streaming Netflix and the NFL app, tweaking some settings...I got this bad boy down to 26%. I was basically on my phone all day which is NOT normal usage for me. I’ll take it!!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Got mine Friday afternoon and got it all set up.

Saturday morning took it off the charger at 8am and went on a local photo outing. I used this thing harder than I've ever used a smartphone before, TRYING to kill the battery.

17 hours later (1am Sunday morning) I'm at 46%.

While I am amazed at this, it's still a brand new phone. Let's see how it does 6 months from now.

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I agree. Been playing near nonstop with my max. Took it off charger at 6am on Saturday went to bed at 11pm. Still had 30% left. Stoked about battery life on a iPhone, who would have thought. Great job Apple

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So battery life, in general, has never been something I've concerned myself with as for the last 11 years I've been able to charge pretty much whenever I want on most days at work. Of course, when on vacation or something, when my schedule is different, charging is more of a concern but I usually do a pretty good job at preparing for those times.

I plan on seeing how my battery performs today though. I'm going to use my device as I normally do, but instead of topping my device off mid day to ensure I make it through the rest of the day, I'm not going to charge at all. I plan on seeing how my device performs and how long I can go with typical use. I've heard great things about the battery.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I agree, I use both Android and iOS devices and not one has been able to last me a whole day UNTIL this 11 Pro Max. I'm really impressed with what Apple has done with this device. Finally a device that can actually handle my work load.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I’m giving it a bit of a stress test today. I got up around 7:45 and have been on it nearly all morning browsing iMore, Reddit, and playing a lot of Words With Friends which usually is a huge battery drainer. At 12:12pm I’m sitting at 82%. On my X I’d probably be in the low 60% by now.

Yup. I am using the X (93% battery health) and with heavy use I have to use my battery case by about 3pm (starting the day at 7am). I’m considering upgrading

vizagdude

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I’ve to agree. My Pro Max battery is outstanding. I’m always on my phone. Yesterday took it out of the charger at 7:00 am. My activities thought out the day:
- Email / BB work
- YouTube TV (2 hrs)
- WhatsApp
- Candy Crush (2hrs)
- Text
- Meetings (3 hrs)
- Some browsing
- Few pictures

11 pm, my battery is 34%

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Gotta agree. The first day or two while it was still downloading my extravagant amount of photos from the cloud and I was messing with it constantly it was fairly average. The last 2 days it’s jaw droppingly good! I charge in the morning while getting ready for work and don’t charge again until the next morning. This morning it was still at 35% when I plugged it in. And I’m on Instagram A LOT. Lol!