Upgrade from Xs max, downgrade for 3D touch

oladob

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone struggling with the keyboard now that one can't mover the cursor on keyboards around (stock or third party) because 3D touch is no longer a thing. Doesn't the keyboard now suck?

Carraser23

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone struggling with the keyboard now that one can't mover the cursor on keyboards around (stock or third party) because 3D touch is no longer a thing. Doesn't the keyboard now suck?

It still works just as 3D Touch did. You just don’t force press, you long press.

Carraser23

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I thought I’d miss 3D Touch but i guess i feel like the long press implementation works great. I still find myself pressing and feeling the same effect.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
You can’t initiate it anywhere on the keyboard besides the space bar. After that you can scroll anywhere on the keyboard.

Well then my iPhone is broken because I just started from the keys, not space bar and I was able to. Now maybe I’m ignorant but I have the XS Max. Is this a Pro thing or iOs13 thing? Sorry if it’s the XS Pro thing.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I never fully used 3D touch but for stuff I did like clearing notifications or moving stuff on home screens etc. I had to stop myself trying to do it on the 11 Pro last night vs my X. I swear I'm going to break the screen accidentally by trying to press till I get a 3D touch haptic feedback thing. Working on training myself to do Android style long presses again instead of pushing.

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I'm trying to train myself to stop force pressing the screen.
With the force touch it happened right away. Now there is a delay before the menu pops up.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Well then my iPhone is broken because I just started from the keys, not space bar and I was able to. Now maybe I’m ignorant but I have the XS Max. Is this a Pro thing or iOs13 thing? Sorry if it’s the XS Pro thing.

iPhone 11 and up thing. XS variants still have 3D Touch. These 11’s use the poor man’s version of 3D Touch (haptic).

Edit: Should also mention this is the case for the XR as well.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh