Apple is emailing me a shipping label in the next 24 hours and when they get it back, they’re rushing me a replacement. I’m so bummed...

I took the plastic off and never even got to power it on. The scratches are VERY deep but those ‘scuff’ looking marks appear to be UNDER the glass.

NewYorkChic likes this.
    09-20-2019 05:36 PM
    Sorry to hear this

Apple fit and finish is usually spot on

Hope the turn around is quick for you
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    09-20-2019 05:45 PM
    Oh wow.. so sorry to hear this! I know it’s really disappointing. Hope the replacement arrives fast!
    09-20-2019 06:29 PM
    Oh no Ree!! That stinks! Sorry homie .
    reeneebob and MooMooPrincess like this.
    09-20-2019 06:47 PM
    That sucks, at least Apple is on the ball about getting a replacement out to you.
    09-20-2019 06:52 PM
    That sucks, at least Apple is on the ball about getting a replacement out to you.
    Hopefully. I have to send it back first and then they’ll send a replacement.

Here’s a couple more shots - it’s the weirdest thing.
    09-20-2019 08:56 PM
    I had a similar issue with my midnight green max. It’s got a super tiny hairline scratch on the back glass towards the bottom edge.

I’m gonna leave it for now because I don’t want to deal with RMA. But I’ve never had this happen and I’ve been getting iPhone on launch day the last 5 years.
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    09-20-2019 11:44 PM
    Apple is emailing me a shipping label in the next 24 hours and when they get it back, they’re rushing me a replacement. I’m so bummed...

I took the plastic off and never even got to power it on. The scratches are VERY deep but those ‘scuff’ looking marks appear to be UNDER the glass.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ffc2a30cf4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0c23b6efd6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0ed3289a60.jpg
    09-21-2019 04:35 AM
    I had a similar issue with my midnight green max. It’s got a super tiny hairline scratch on the back glass towards the bottom edge.

I’m gonna leave it for now because I don’t want to deal with RMA. But I’ve never had this happen and I’ve been getting iPhone on launch day the last 5 years.
    I actually considered powering it on to see if the defect was visible when the screen was lit. I don’t use cases or screen protectors anyway so I know it will likely get scuffed eventually by me, and I have Apple care - just so I didn’t have to deal with RMA. But this thing cost me $2200 after taxes with AppleCare and no - I shouldn’t get one that’s marked like that out of the box.

If it was the back glass, I probably wouldn’t care.
    09-21-2019 07:03 AM
    Sorry to hear this Renee. Thankfully Apple has wonderful exchange policies. Let us know when you have got your exchange ASAP.
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-21-2019 07:11 AM
    I have a hairline scratch across the entire front of mine. Taking it to the Apple Store this morning.
    09-21-2019 07:59 AM
    That’s terrible luck, but it happens.

Happened to me last year with the Xs Max, it had a terrible pink shift over the top half of the panel. Took Apple 10 days to get a replacement, good luck.
    09-21-2019 08:34 AM
    I have a hairline scratch across the entire front of mine. Taking it to the Apple Store this morning.
    I swear - packaging them screen down is going to be an issue.
    09-21-2019 09:16 AM
    I swear - packaging them screen down is going to be an issue.
    It could be but I feel like the scratches happened before they put the protective packaging on the outside of the phone.
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-21-2019 09:19 AM
    Im sorry this happened to you!
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-21-2019 09:21 AM
    Update: just left the Apple store and they are out of my model. The general manager gave me his card and wrote “approved replacement” on the back so I can go back in there when it’s in stock and not have an issue. Luckily it’s still usable although a bit annoying.
    09-21-2019 09:21 AM
    Update: just left the Apple store and they are out of my model. The general manager gave me his card and wrote “approved replacement” on the back so I can go back in there when it’s in stock and not have an issue. Luckily it’s still usable although a bit annoying.
    I REALLY wish there was an Apple store close to me. I would have been willing to have them rush me a new phone and have them put a hold on my card, like they do with Apple Care, but they didn’t give me that option.

They did say that they were going to see if they could replace it without using one of the Apple Care replacements at first, which, to be honest, pissed me off. I would HOPE they wouldn’t use an Apple Care for something that was out of the box. JFC.
    09-21-2019 10:16 AM
    Awww, sorry to hear/see this Ree.
    09-21-2019 10:44 AM
    Yay! I had to call back in but I just got my return email, and they are putting a rush request for the new handset AND are giving me a free leather case for the trouble.
    09-22-2019 03:09 PM
    Yay! I had to call back in but I just got my return email, and they are putting a rush request for the new handset AND are giving me a free leather case for the trouble.
    Nice!! What color are you getting?
    09-22-2019 03:24 PM
    Nice!! What color are you getting?
    The forest green. I wasn’t expecting them to offer a case, but I’m not gonna say no lol, especially since I did have to kinda chase them around a bit
    09-22-2019 03:47 PM