So I am trading in my iPhone XS for the 11 pro Max and it’s like brand new. I had in it an apple leather case but as you know, the case is open at the bottom so during the course of the year I did drop it once and there is a scrape at the bottom of the phone on the stainless steel part near the charging port. It’s literally the only blemish.

I know you guys probably can’t answer this question, but you guys think I still would be okay to get the trade in offer from apple? The website says the phone credit would be 460 or max 500.

Have any of you traded in a phone with a small scrape or something and gotten a good deal still with apple in store trade in?
    09-17-2019 09:37 PM
    We did a trade within the family last year when Apple started promoting it. A 6S Plus with a few minor marks but great shape for its age got the high end of the estimate.

A smile, nice attitude and your organization always seems to pay off in retail transactions like this. I get red carpet treatment via Apple Store business team but this instance was a family deal. Everyone getting change (trade, swap or hand me down) had the phones backed up, credentials in order and approached the person assigned to us with the same "how can we help you" attitude. I don't know what really let her give us top dollar for an obviously used phone but the woman seemed obviously thankful for my wife and the two kids doing a swap being organized and friendly toward her.
    shadowboxer8 and pkcable like this.
    09-18-2019 07:17 AM
    We did a trade within the family last year when Apple started promoting it. A 6S Plus with a few minor marks but great shape for its age got the high end of the estimate.

A smile, nice attitude and your organization always seems to pay off in retail transactions like this. I get red carpet treatment via Apple Store business team but this instance was a family deal. Everyone getting change (trade, swap or hand me down) had the phones backed up, credentials in order and approached the person assigned to us with the same "how can we help you" attitude. I don't know what really let her give us top dollar for an obviously used phone but the woman seemed obviously thankful for my wife and the two kids doing a swap being organized and friendly toward her.
    Yea I had a great experience with I traded in my iphone 6 for the 7 plus when it launched. I work for local university and the apple employee was a grad student there and we both got the chatting. She end up giving me a school discount on top of my trade in purchase. Not sure if she was suppose to do that, but I came out pretty that day LOL. I hope something similar happens Friday ha.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    09-18-2019 08:13 AM