Such a long way ordering has come...

G Y

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
Remember when it was such a tedious, bugged mess when preordering? Waking up at midnight to get your order in, only to run into problems? Some would say use the app! Others would say Safari or whatever browser worked for them. And the camp outs at the store! I really enjoyed hanging out with others outside of a store, whipping out the camping chair, your favorite hoodie and blanket , playing games while making conversation with total strangers.

Now it’s so seamless. On the app and checked out within 2 minutes. Random thought of the day...

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Yep the only difference this year for me is that I'm normally still up at midnight. This time I had to wake up at 5am which wasn't very fun.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I was on Android during the period of the camp out lines. I’ve seen YouTube videos of the campouts and they looked like a lot of fun. For my first iPhone, the 6s+, I was on hold with T-Mobile for like 40 minutes before I could order but I still got release day shipping. I decided upgrade to my 7+ and X late, like a couple weeks-ish after release and I got the phones a few weeks later (and again both of those were through T-Mobile). This was the first time I ordered through Apple. I ordered as soon as they were available and had my confirmation email by 7:04 central time for September 20th pick up. I couldn’t be happier.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Remember when it was such a tedious, bugged mess when preordering? Waking up at midnight to get your order in, only to run into problems? Some would say use the app! Others would say Safari or whatever browser worked for them. And the camp outs at the store! I really enjoyed hanging out with others outside of a store, whipping out the camping chair, your favorite hoodie and blanket , playing games while making conversation with total strangers.

Now it’s so seamless. On the app and checked out within 2 minutes. Random thought of the day...

You’re right. Ordering has come a long way, but I’m so grateful for the seamless process we enjoy today.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Yea I remember standing in line for iPhone 4 from like 5 or 6am until 5pm that evening. It was the most memorable iPhone launch I had. I bonded with the folks in line and apple even fed up breakfast, lunch, and dinner while in line.

The iPhone 6 launch was fun because a new apple store launched in my area along side the phone release, so there were giveaways and fun stuff too. That was the last camp out I ever did for an iPhone. The rest have been online pre orders.

My friends in New York and California camped out for the iPhone X and said the lines were crazy but it was a fun experience. But now those days of camping out for iPhones are kinda gone. I remember a few years ago when this forum use to be way more active especially around the time of an iPhone launch, but now it’s slow.

But I am still looking forward to picking up my 11 pro max Friday evening.

Last edited:

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Ha. Yeah I remember when each minute longer it took to get your order done was another week you had to wait for your phone. Not sure if stock is better or demand is less or what. Either way, I’m not complaining. I ordered, cancelled and hour later and ordered again and still getting my phone on launch day.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Ha. Yeah I remember when each minute longer it took to get your order done was another week you had to wait for your phone. Not sure if stock is better or demand is less or what. Either way, I’m not complaining. I ordered, cancelled and hour later and ordered again and still getting my phone on launch day.

I read an article that the pro model pre orders in the US were in higher demand than other places like China. But overall, I think
There will be more demand for the cheaper iPhone 11 phones. Similar to how the XR was apples best selling phone last year.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
My brother called me to tell me he went to Apple and received a 600 trade in offer for his MAX and he will receive his 11 pro on Friday. He is looking forward to it. I forgot to ask him the color.
However, I am not upgrading on this phone series because I want to see what the next round of phones will be. I am hoping and praying (LOL) for Apple to make the pencil compatible. I really want the pencil to work with the phone! I have said if many times. Someone had replied to me that he sees me caving in and upgrading . NOPE ! I am not finding it necessary for me at this time. I do though like the midnight green color. Red is my favorite color but that midnight green is very elegant. My Nissan Rogue is midnight pine and the color is just GORGEOUS. (LOL). So when I do upgrade I hope the next round of phones also have a midnight green choice. My MAX is doing great and I am on my 7th month of owning. I
am holding off for now. I am happy for now. And I love he Series 4 watch. Not upgrading to the 5