Another Pro vs Pro Max thread & my thoughts

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I am currently using an iPhone X and was waiting for this announcement for the upgrade.

Been watching all the hands on videos to try and make my decision on whether to go with the Pro or the Pro Max

For those who have decided, can you outline your thoughts?

For those going with the Max, did the size not deter you?

Thank you

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I am currently using an iPhone X and was waiting for this announcement for the upgrade.

Been watching all the hands on videos to try and make my decision on whether to go with the Pro or the Pro Max

For those who have decided, can you outline your thoughts?

For those going with the Max, did the size not deter you?

Thank you

Coming from a 7 Plus, the Pro Max is the only logical choice for me.

trandz

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I had the X, and the XS so I went with the Max so I feel like I'm actually getting a "new/different" phone. I had the 6+ so I'm comfy with the size.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I went back to the Max size after running an X for two years. At the time I told myself it was fine because nearly the same screen just a different shape. Turns out I have missed the extra width for both portrait and landscape viewing. I definitely like the physical size of the non Max better but either way is a trade off and I'm going for the better viewing experience again.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I went back to the smaller size after using the Max for a year. Much more pocketable and manageable to use with one hand. There are too many instances in which I can use only one hand and I'm tired of all the maneuvering to reach all the way to the top corners of the screen.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
My most recent phones were 6+, 8+ and XS Max. This time I am planning on going with the pro and not the pro Max. I want to experience what it’s like using a phone one handed again

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Try as I may, I cannot get excited about yet another spiffed up camera that makes calls and texts/emails. I’m keeping my X.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I got a XS max few weeks ago to try, too big for me and sold it. I have a 11" iPad so the 11 pro will be perfect for me.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 7 Plus and a Samsung Galaxy S10+, so it was only logical that I get the Pro Max for my huge spade-claw hands.

Interestingly, it seems like the 11 Pro Max is a fraction smaller than my 7 Plus in height and width and only marginally thicker, which is nice.