I hate this time of year!!

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Every year around this time I’m rocking along with a perfectly good, less than one year old iPhone when all of a sudden it becomes obsolete to me. My XS Max is 11 months old and it might as well be a 3GS.

I don’t like to preorder and I want the color and storage capacity that I want, not whatever’s available.

So I wait.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I didn’t watch the presentation. I don’t need to. I know I’m getting a new phone and a new watch just like last year and the year before. I just hate waiting.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I kind of did an out of body of Tim Cook and realizing that what he was saying to me is wait till the 2020 iPhone you won’t be sorry

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Every year around this time I’m rocking along with a perfectly good, less than one year old iPhone when all of a sudden it becomes obsolete to me. My XS Max is 11 months old and it might as well be a 3GS.

I don’t like to preorder and I want the color and storage capacity that I want, not whatever’s available.

So I wait.

Why wait, I have never been shutout on a preorder in getting my color, size and capacity for the last 5 years. That has meant getting up at 2:45am to order. This year I can do it at 8am from my office which is nice. I don't think it will be a crush at least the Series 5 watch hasn't gone to back order unless Apple stocked a crap load of them. I decided to change my Series 5 preorder that I did right after the keynote on Tuesday and changed it tonight and still got exactly what I wanted. Typically a 1-2 days later it would be 3-4 weeks backlog to get it.

I opted for this year as I don't see me jumping on the iPhone 12 next year, regardless of 5G. Given that its not everywhere and when it does get to your city it won't be everywhere and when you are in the burbs you will see it more like 4G speeds and not the 1GB they tout. This is from the Carriers, not a troll chat I read. So give it a couple years to get built out before jumping on the 5G wagon.

G Y

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site

So I wait.

Do you not have the self control to tell yourself, rightfully so, that your XS Max is still a powerhouse and not “obsolete”, leaving your card in the wallet?

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Preordered only to cancel three hours later when I was fully awake and realized my XS was perfectly fine and paid off.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

So I wait.

Same here. I always say I'm not...., but I do (shaking head).

HofstraJet

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

So I wait.

Why don't you like preordering? Such a simple solution. Shipped free and arrives at your door on release day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2