Really, just not seeing the need to order. Are those ordering on something other than an iPhone XS / XS Max? I can see it if you're on an iPhone 7 or 8 or even an XR etc.. but from an XS/Max... it's really just a camera update IMHO. I have upgraded basically every year since iPhone 3 but this time I am not not not not seeing it.

Notch is still there, design is the same (basically), not USB C, no front/back charge, etc..

Plus the cost to replace all cases (leather, custom, Kerf, etc...)

Maybe you're all seeing something I am not.
    09-10-2019 01:48 PM
    I don't blame you at all.
    09-10-2019 01:51 PM
    From an iPhone X I see no need to upgrade. I won't be.
    Johndosh and calebt like this.
    09-10-2019 02:02 PM
    From an iPhone X I see no need to upgrade. I won't be.
    Same here I made the same decision and I will wait for the 2020 offerings
    calebt and mbar9607 like this.
    09-10-2019 02:04 PM
    wife keeps her iPhone X for one more year
    09-10-2019 02:28 PM
    I feel the same way. From the XS Max it makes no sense to upgrade. I did notice they didn't spend a lot of time comparing performance numbers from the 11 Pro to the Xs. My guess is the numbers aren't all that impressive comparatively, other than perhaps battery life.
    09-10-2019 02:30 PM
    It's just a camera upgrade. I thought it was interesting the amount of time they spent talking about the architecture of the A13 chip and other stuff like that. The average Joe doesn't care about that. That made me feel like they were trying hard to justify why this was better than previous generations of iPhones
    09-10-2019 02:34 PM
    It's just a camera upgrade. I thought it was interesting the amount of time they didn't talking about the architecture of the A13 chip and other stuff like that. The average Joe doesn't care about that. That made me feel like they were trying hard to justify why this was better than previous generations of iPhones
    My thoughts exactly. I thought they threw some rather large statements out there like "fastest smartphone ever" without any numbers to back it up. Even if its 1% faster the statement may be true, but that 1% doesn't look all that impressive on a keynote.
    09-10-2019 02:38 PM
    I’m right there with you. I was looking forward to getting a new phone but can’t see doing it for just a camera which I’m not that concerned about.
    pr1nce likes this.
    09-10-2019 02:38 PM
    Suit yourselves, I’m upgrading and will upgrade in 2020
    09-10-2019 02:51 PM
    Suit yourselves, I’m upgrading and will upgrade in 2020
    Enjoy
    09-10-2019 02:59 PM
    When I got my XS Max last year I didn’t plan to upgrade this year. However, my xs Max has been extremely glitchy for the past few months, even after resets so I’ll be upgrading after all. I’ve had iPhones for years but this one is the most disappointing iPhone I’ve ever owned.
    dazzlingirl and nikkisharif like this.
    09-10-2019 03:00 PM
    I only want to upgrade for the green phone. Like that’s it. Nothing about this year to me says upgrade period. Besides a new color. Honestly I was more excited about the note 10 lol.
    dazzlingirl and nikkisharif like this.
    09-10-2019 03:05 PM
    Staying XS Max here. Camera upgrade is not enough reason to spend that much money. Many will do so though and that’s ok too.
    09-10-2019 03:17 PM
    Personally I think Apple will sell a crap load of the iPhone 11's because of pricing ,the pro models cost might give people a reason to hold off until the 2020 devices are released and are rumored to be the next generation of iPhones .
    Jude526 likes this.
    09-10-2019 03:22 PM
    Personally I think Apple will sell a crap load of the iPhone 11's because of pricing ,the pro models cost might give people a reason to hold off until the 2020 devices are released and are rumored to be the next generation of iPhones .
    Pricing seems like the friendliest it's been in a while
    pantlesspenguin and Jude526 like this.
    09-10-2019 03:25 PM
    I only want to upgrade for the green phone. Like that’s it. Nothing about this year to me says upgrade period. Besides a new color. Honestly I was more excited about the note 10 lol.
    I'm right there with you! That Green is the only thing that would make me get one. I've already got a gold XS Max and Blue Note 10+ though. I'm sitting this year out. I may get a Series 5 Watch though. My Series 3 has horrible battery life now.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-10-2019 03:28 PM
    Upgrading my Apple Watch Series 3 though!
    firstborn80 likes this.
    09-10-2019 03:37 PM
    I always have a case on the phone, the phone could be pink polka dots and it would not matter, never see it. Plus I love the cases I got (Leather / Silicone / Custom Leather and Metal Kerf), hate to just eBay them for pennies on the dollar.
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    09-10-2019 04:17 PM
    I always have a case on the phone, the phone could be pink polka dots and it would not matter, never see it. Plus I love the cases I got (Leather / Silicone / Custom Leather and Metal Kerf), hate to just eBay them for pennies on the dollar.
    I always have an open back case like the rhinoshield on my phone. I’m extremely disappointed at how terrible the leather cases look online with the gigantic camera cut out. They should be at least 25 percent cheaper with all the missing material!
    jpgti and Smply_Rckless like this.
    09-10-2019 04:31 PM
    I always have an open back case like the rhinoshield on my phone. I’m extremely disappointed at how terrible the leather cases look online with the gigantic camera cut out. They should be at least 25 percent cheaper with all the missing material!
    Not a huge fan of the dice sized chunk-o-camera, but not a fan of the notch... but admit it bothers me less than I thought it would. I don't really see the back of my phone, so I could live with he open camera. I just wish the camera was enough of a reason. None of the reasons really affect the way I use my phone enough to care. But been thinking about a MacBook Pro 15, so maybe will do that... who knows.
    09-10-2019 04:34 PM
    Not a huge fan of the dice sized chunk-o-camera, but not a fan of the notch... but admit it bothers me less than I thought it would. I don't really see the back of my phone, so I could live with he open camera. I just wish the camera was enough of a reason. None of the reasons really affect the way I use my phone enough to care. But been thinking about a MacBook Pro 15, so maybe will do that... who knows.
    I’m still holding onto my 2012 MacBook Pro. Just replaced the HDD cable and upgraded the ram. It’s a shame you cannot fix stuff on them anymore otherwise I would have upgraded this year. Holding onto this one until it dies.
    mbar9607 likes this.
    09-10-2019 04:37 PM
    I’m upgrading from the X. My battery just isn’t what it used to be. I would simply get it replaced, but I’m also ready to go back to a larger form factor. Before I got the X I had the Samsung Note line, then the iPhone + line. I agree with you all that are putting off the upgrade if you got a Xs, just as last year I didn’t see a need to upgrade from my X at that point. I think I’m comfortably in an every other year upgrade cycle with both my phone and my Apple Watch, staggering the years. I get a new toy every year regardless .
    dazzlingirl likes this.
    09-10-2019 04:49 PM
    I said if they went to USB-C, it was a definite yes for an upgrade this year from my X. While I’m disappointed with lightning another year, the battery life has got me thinking. My battery health is down to 87%. With the additional battery in the new phones, it’s something I need to consider. My phone is a necessity for my job.

My only concern is if 5G is introduced next year. It seems that networks are slower than what I had expected for upgrades. I’ve kind of into this every other year for phones. Definitely have some thinking to do.
    jpgti likes this.
    09-10-2019 05:18 PM
    I said if they went to USB-C, it was a definite yes for an upgrade this year from my X. While I’m disappointed with lightning another year, the battery life has got me thinking. My battery health is down to 87%. With the additional battery in the new phones, it’s something I need to consider. My phone is a necessity for my job.

My only concern is if 5G is introduced next year. It seems that networks are slower than what I had expected for upgrades. I’ve kind of into this every other year for phones. Definitely have some thinking to do.
    Have you checked on the price for a battery replacement for your X? That might be an option to hold you over until next year.
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-10-2019 05:20 PM
71 123