1st year I never wanted to upgrade my iPhone.... :-(

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
:crying:

[FONT=&quot]Really, just not seeing the need to order. Are those ordering on something other than an iPhone XS / XS Max? I can see it if you're on an iPhone 7 or 8 or even an XR etc.. but from an XS/Max... it's really just a camera update IMHO. I have upgraded basically every year since iPhone 3 but this time I am not not not not seeing it.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Notch is still there, design is the same (basically), not USB C, no front/back charge, etc..[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Plus the cost to replace all cases (leather, custom, Kerf, etc...)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Maybe you're all seeing something I am not.[/FONT]

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I feel the same way. From the XS Max it makes no sense to upgrade. I did notice they didn't spend a lot of time comparing performance numbers from the 11 Pro to the Xs. My guess is the numbers aren't all that impressive comparatively, other than perhaps battery life.

ezeuzo1

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
It's just a camera upgrade. I thought it was interesting the amount of time they spent talking about the architecture of the A13 chip and other stuff like that. The average Joe doesn't care about that. That made me feel like they were trying hard to justify why this was better than previous generations of iPhones

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
It's just a camera upgrade. I thought it was interesting the amount of time they didn't talking about the architecture of the A13 chip and other stuff like that. The average Joe doesn't care about that. That made me feel like they were trying hard to justify why this was better than previous generations of iPhones

My thoughts exactly. I thought they threw some rather large statements out there like "fastest smartphone ever" without any numbers to back it up. Even if its 1% faster the statement may be true, but that 1% doesn't look all that impressive on a keynote.

travis4380

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I’m right there with you. I was looking forward to getting a new phone but can’t see doing it for just a camera which I’m not that concerned about.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
When I got my XS Max last year I didn’t plan to upgrade this year. However, my xs Max has been extremely glitchy for the past few months, even after resets so I’ll be upgrading after all. I’ve had iPhones for years but this one is the most disappointing iPhone I’ve ever owned.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I only want to upgrade for the green phone. Like that’s it. Nothing about this year to me says upgrade period. Besides a new color. Honestly I was more excited about the note 10 lol.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Personally I think Apple will sell a crap load of the iPhone 11's because of pricing ,the pro models cost might give people a reason to hold off until the 2020 devices are released and are rumored to be the next generation of iPhones .

ezeuzo1

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Personally I think Apple will sell a crap load of the iPhone 11's because of pricing ,the pro models cost might give people a reason to hold off until the 2020 devices are released and are rumored to be the next generation of iPhones .
Pricing seems like the friendliest it's been in a while

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I only want to upgrade for the green phone. Like that’s it. Nothing about this year to me says upgrade period. Besides a new color. Honestly I was more excited about the note 10 lol.

I'm right there with you! That Green is the only thing that would make me get one. I've already got a gold XS Max and Blue Note 10+ though. I'm sitting this year out. I may get a Series 5 Watch though. My Series 3 has horrible battery life now.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I always have a case on the phone, the phone could be pink polka dots and it would not matter, never see it. Plus I love the cases I got (Leather / Silicone / Custom Leather and Metal Kerf), hate to just eBay them for pennies on the dollar.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I always have a case on the phone, the phone could be pink polka dots and it would not matter, never see it. Plus I love the cases I got (Leather / Silicone / Custom Leather and Metal Kerf), hate to just eBay them for pennies on the dollar.

I always have an open back case like the rhinoshield on my phone. I’m extremely disappointed at how terrible the leather cases look online with the gigantic camera cut out. They should be at least 25 percent cheaper with all the missing material!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR