1st year I never wanted to upgrade my iPhone.... :-(

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I always have an open back case like the rhinoshield on my phone. I’m extremely disappointed at how terrible the leather cases look online with the gigantic camera cut out. They should be at least 25 percent cheaper with all the missing material!

Not a huge fan of the dice sized chunk-o-camera, but not a fan of the notch... but admit it bothers me less than I thought it would. I don't really see the back of my phone, so I could live with he open camera. I just wish the camera was enough of a reason. None of the reasons really affect the way I use my phone enough to care. But been thinking about a MacBook Pro 15, so maybe will do that... who knows.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not a huge fan of the dice sized chunk-o-camera, but not a fan of the notch... but admit it bothers me less than I thought it would. I don't really see the back of my phone, so I could live with he open camera. I just wish the camera was enough of a reason. None of the reasons really affect the way I use my phone enough to care. But been thinking about a MacBook Pro 15, so maybe will do that... who knows.

I’m still holding onto my 2012 MacBook Pro. Just replaced the HDD cable and upgraded the ram. It’s a shame you cannot fix stuff on them anymore otherwise I would have upgraded this year. Holding onto this one until it dies.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I’m upgrading from the X. My battery just isn’t what it used to be. I would simply get it replaced, but I’m also ready to go back to a larger form factor. Before I got the X I had the Samsung Note line, then the iPhone + line. I agree with you all that are putting off the upgrade if you got a Xs, just as last year I didn’t see a need to upgrade from my X at that point. I think I’m comfortably in an every other year upgrade cycle with both my phone and my Apple Watch, staggering the years. I get a new toy every year regardless :).

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I said if they went to USB-C, it was a definite yes for an upgrade this year from my X. While I’m disappointed with lightning another year, the battery life has got me thinking. My battery health is down to 87%. With the additional battery in the new phones, it’s something I need to consider. My phone is a necessity for my job.

My only concern is if 5G is introduced next year. It seems that networks are slower than what I had expected for upgrades. I’ve kind of into this every other year for phones. Definitely have some thinking to do.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I said if they went to USB-C, it was a definite yes for an upgrade this year from my X. While I’m disappointed with lightning another year, the battery life has got me thinking. My battery health is down to 87%. With the additional battery in the new phones, it’s something I need to consider. My phone is a necessity for my job.

My only concern is if 5G is introduced next year. It seems that networks are slower than what I had expected for upgrades. I’ve kind of into this every other year for phones. Definitely have some thinking to do.

Have you checked on the price for a battery replacement for your X? That might be an option to hold you over until next year.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

87% is not bad at all. Certainly not a reason to upgrade. My first 6s Plus was at 68% before I took it in. It should last you another year easily.

TechTs

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I haven’t seen the keynote yet but I have the basics so far. I’ll be waiting till next year. I love my max!

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Yeah, this year was kinda lackluster. I've purchased every iPhone since the iPhone 6 and I just don't feel the need to get this year's model.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm doing it just because it's been 2 years since my X. I skipped last year because it wasn't enough, this year I do see some stuff. Especially that battery on the Max which I want to go back to the "plus" size. There's been a lot of nice stuff about going with the 5.8" size on the X, but there's still times where I wish I had just a bit more screen so I'm going back to the larger phone. Or, that's the plan right now at least.

ezeuzo1

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
What has become apparent to me now is that Apple is basically keeping the same design every two-three years. So probably next year or the year after for me

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I’m sitting this one out as well. My Xs Max is just fine for my needs. I’ll see what the 2020 iPhones are about next year.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I am planning on waiting until the 2020 models, but I want to be clear- it's not because I don't like the new line of phones (the 11, 11Pro and 11 Pro-Max), because I really do like them a lot. June is when I can upgrade, so the timing makes it seem wiser to wait until September :D

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
No need for me to upgrade from my XS, I don’t use the camera much anyway so spending a grand plus for 4 hours extra battery life seems excessive !
Plus I can’t have a phone that is not black !!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I’m upgrading from the X. My battery just isn’t what it used to be. I would simply get it replaced, but I’m also ready to go back to a larger form factor. Before I got the X I had the Samsung Note line, then the iPhone + line. I agree with you all that are putting off the upgrade if you got a Xs, just as last year I didn’t see a need to upgrade from my X at that point. I think I’m comfortably in an every other year upgrade cycle with both my phone and my Apple Watch, staggering the years. I get a new toy every year regardless :).

This makes sense.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Pretty boring unless you’re into cameras, then I could see upgrading if you really want.
Sorry, they’re not getting my money this year.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner