iPadOS 15 is available

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I update from the latest beta. It was around 5 gigs. how did you manage 2.76 ???

Also, when do you think iPadOS 16 beta will be released ???:rotfl:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It’s pretty slick and refined, really loving iPad os 15.

Really loving the new multitasking menu.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I finally have it. I have to say that while there are loads of new features I really like, I dislike the fact that all my home screen apps are now clustered together in the middle of the screen with a ton of empty space round them. It looks like a backward step in design to me, but i'm probably missing something.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I finally have it. I have to say that while there are loads of new features I really like, I dislike the fact that all my home screen apps are now clustered together in the middle of the screen with a ton of empty space round them. It looks like a backward step in design to me, but i'm probably missing something.

Do you have large icons or small icons selected?

I actually really like the new layout.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Do you have large icons or small icons selected?

I actually really like the new layout.

I have large icons selected. With small icons it looks even worse in my opinion. It's not so much the gaps between the app icons themselves but all the space round the outside. I would far rather my apps spaced out more to fill the edges of the screen, like it was in iOS14 and earlier.

There has to be a good design reason why they did this that I am just not seeing, but I do not like it right now.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have large icons selected. With small icons it looks even worse in my opinion. It's not so much the gaps between the app icons themselves but all the space round the outside. I would far rather my apps spaced out more to fill the edges of the screen, like it was in iOS14 and earlier.

There has to be a good design reason why they did this that I am just not seeing, but I do not like it right now.

That’s a shame.

I understood what you were trying to convey, but having said that, I actually like the changes made especially in regards to the spaces on the sides of the iPad, I think it makes it look quite slick compared to how it was on iOS 14. Honestly it was starting to get a bit stale with the apps spread out and no widgets on the Home Screen.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
That’s a shame.

I understood what you were trying to convey, but having said that, I actually like the changes made especially in regards to the spaces on the sides of the iPad, I think it makes it look quite slick compared to how it was on iOS 14. Honestly it was starting to get a bit stale with the apps spread out and no widgets on the Home Screen.

The widgets are very welcome. I've been a fan of them for a while now so having them finally on my iPad home screen is fantastic.

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The widgets are very welcome. I've been a fan of them for a while now so having them finally on my iPad is fantastic.

if it wasn’t for apple forcing the widgets on my Home Screen with the update, I would have kept using them on the hidden left pane.

I don’t even have widgets on my home screen on my iPhone

My current iPadOS 15 Home Screen.
4e699941fbc33ce0d7adbf0ee59f4aa3.jpg

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
if it wasn’t for apple forcing the widgets on my Home Screen with the update, I would have kept using them on the hidden left pane.

I don’t even have widgets on my home screen on my iPhone

My current iPadOS 15 Home Screen.
4e699941fbc33ce0d7adbf0ee59f4aa3.jpg

I will concede that the home screen looks pretty damn good when viewed in landscape on your iPad. I mainly use mine in portrait mode and it just doesn't look as good as landscape.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Done it, don’t like the Home screen at all, It is set up for widgets, I neither use them or see the point of them. Had to put the address bar back to the top in Safari. All in all a sad retrograde step.

Last edited:

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Also!! How can you call the ikon size “large” ? It looks ridiculous with all those little ikons huddled in all that space.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I hate widgets. If there is a way to delete these widgets when they get put on put in the Home Screen I would install IOS 15.

Downloaded 15 but never installed.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I hate widgets. If there is a way to delete these widgets when they get put on put in the Home Screen I would install IOS 15.

Downloaded 15 but never installed.

You don’t have to use widgets :)

Simply long press on them and tap on “Remove Widget”. And vamos!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh