iPadOS 14.5 dropped today…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip…. ;)…. and thus far, my iPad Pro is performing quite nicely.

k1ward

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
My family is having issues with Facetime dropping and shutting down the app. We are having to resort to using our iPhones to have our evening Facetime meetings. Anyone else having problems with Facetime?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
My family is having issues with Facetime dropping and shutting down the app. We are having to resort to using our iPhones to have our evening Facetime meetings. Anyone else having problems with Facetime?

I have not experienced issues with FaceTime over the past few months, and I have used it more than ever.

My first thoughts are:
1. Have you tried force quitting the app, even if it shut down on its own?
2. Are there any alerts in the Settings app regarding the Apple ID or iCloud account?

k1ward

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I have not experienced issues with FaceTime over the past few months, and I have used it more than ever.

My first thoughts are:
1. Have you tried force quitting the app, even if it shut down on its own?
2. Are there any alerts in the Settings app regarding the Apple ID or iCloud account?

Thanks for the suggestions. We have force shutdown all of the problem iPads with no success. There are no alerts in settings.

Hoping for a fix in the next update.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I ended up having to use my MBP to update my iPad. The update would download and the iPad would restart with the Apple logo and progress bar, but when it finished and rebooted it was still on 14.4.X.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I ended up having to use my MBP to update my iPad. The update would download and the iPad would restart with the Apple logo and progress bar, but when it finished and rebooted it was still on 14.4.X.

Sorry to hear that, here in UK within hours of release my iPad and XS upgraded without fuss,I thought quite quickly. Mind you, I haven’t found anything new or interesting yet !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods