Is it possible to set Safari to only show products available in the country you are in ?

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to set Safari to only show products available in the country you are in ? because when I am searching for an article, a hammer for instance, the first thing I need to know is, where is it ? The fact that it is half price in a store in LB, South Dakota is of no use to me in London England ! Of course if it is not available,fine then I can search internationally, if I want to pay an arm and a leg in taxes and carriage, and wait for a significant portion of my life to get it.
When I search for something I am not looking for which store paid the most to fiddle the ratings and get to the front of the list, I am trying to buy something !

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Geographical Shopping !

It’s not Safari, it’s the search engine and how it manipulates the search results. With that being said, you can try the following:

Settings → Safari to select a different search engine

Settings → Safari to disable Search engine and Safari suggestions

Enter the region or area name when you do a search.

Enable location services for Safari websites in the Privacy settings.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Geographical Shopping !

I’ll add:
- Use the appropriate search engine for your region (bing.ca, or google.fr, etc.)
- Do not use a VPN

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

It’s not Safari, it’s the search engine and how it manipulates the search results. With that being said, you can try the following:

Settings → Safari to select a different search engine

Settings → Safari to disable Search engine and Safari suggestions

Enter the region or area name when you do a search.

Enable location services for Safari websites in the Privacy settings.

I just tried the last three suggestions, then looked at ebay, this seemed to double the number of US sales locations so hastily returned to original settings, Oh well !

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I just tried the last three suggestions, then looked at ebay, this seemed to double the number of US sales locations so hastily returned to original settings, Oh well !

I’m sorry I couldn’t be more helpful to you.