iPad 13.5 official

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
iOS13.5 dropped on my iPhone, ( 8Plus) done without a problem ( installed at the time was 13.4.1). It had not yet shown up on my iPad mini 4, so I did a search ( General / Software update, yadda yadda,) done. Likewise my wife's iPhone 8Plus. Her iPad Air 2 purchased with the mini 4, a few years ago, 2016 I believe, listed as still supported, and was on iPadOS 13.3.1, nothing having shown up since so again using Settings / General/ Software Update I went looking..... About a minutes worth of spinning symbol it announced that iPad was up to date with 13.3.1. (??).... I did the customary reboot, same process, same message. Any ideas? I am not and have never been enrolled in an iOS Beta Test

I tried again the following day, updating her iPad with success. It found the update, which needed 'download & Install' which took about 25 min. All now good.

Last edited:

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
iOS13.5 dropped on my iPhone, ( 8Plus) done without a problem ( installed at the time was 13.4.1). It had not yet shown up on my iPad mini 4, so I did a search ( General / Software update, yadda yadda,) done. Likewise my wife's iPhone 8Plus. Her iPad Air 2 purchased with the mini 4, a few years ago, 2016 I believe, listed as still supported, and was on iPadOS 13.3.1, nothing having shown up since so again using Settings / General/ Software Update I went looking..... About a minutes worth of spinning symbol it announced that iPad was up to date with 13.3.1. (??).... I did the customary reboot, same process, same message. Any ideas? I am not and have never been enrolled in an iOS Beta Test

I tried again the following day, updating her iPad with success. It found the update, which needed 'download & Install' which took about 25 min. All now good.

Not good to drop your device. Hope that was insured.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
It was the update which dropped, not the device . All good since, and I suspect that it was an Apple server issue. But I'll stay with manual updates for the OS, as I always look here and to a few major periodicals for feedback first. It's saved my bacon a few times. Being a dinosaur with an 'old style' 8+( home button. touch ID) LCD display seems also to avoid issues which the newer designs still seem to stumble over more often. But this hiccup was an older iPad ( Air 2).

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
It was the update which dropped, not the device . All good since, and I suspect that it was an Apple server issue. But I'll stay with manual updates for the OS, as I always look here and to a few major periodicals for feedback first. It's saved my bacon a few times. Being a dinosaur with an 'old style' 8+( home button. touch ID) LCD display seems also to avoid issues which the newer designs still seem to stumble over more often. But this hiccup was an older iPad ( Air 2).

I also use a 8+. 250GB storage. Phone world like new.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Ohhh. I always that is called installed.

Here away from the bigger markets, there always is a lag of at least weeks to even a month or more between an update being released by Apple, and it's arrival (pushed.) I know one can use 'Settings/ General /Software Update' to look for and download new updates but I have had much more consistent performance by simply letting the update appear, then simply installing, essentially skipping any need to 'download/install' as one operation. I know I'm not alone among those I know here in the tropics, where internet performance might at times be inconsistent. SO, when a contemporary says it 'dropped' he or she is usually referring to actually seeing a notification badge on the settings icon on the home screen. That's what I wait for before proceeding.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Here away from the bigger markets, there always is a lag of at least weeks to even a month or more between an update being released by Apple, and it's arrival (pushed.) I know one can use 'Settings/ General /Software Update' to look for and download new updates but I have had much more consistent performance by simply letting the update appear, then simply installing, essentially skipping any need to 'download/install' as one operation. I know I'm not alone among those I know here in the tropics, where internet performance might at times be inconsistent. SO, when a contemporary says it 'dropped' he or she is usually referring to actually seeing a notification badge on the settings icon on the home screen. That's what I wait for before proceeding.

I wait until I read in the forums that there is not any problems before I install the new version.