Hi,

Several web pages in Safari show up blank or mostly blank. If I use Chrome, they show up okay. I tried chatting with Apple but they said I need to connect to a computer and reinstall iOS. I’m in Argentina for a year and I don’t have access to a computer.

Does anyone know of any other solutions?
    12-05-2019 05:14 AM
    You could try going to Settings>Safari > scroll down to "Clear History and Website data". It's in blue. Tap on it to clear the browser. If you have any tabs open you want to keep, bookmark them first.
    12-06-2019 12:58 PM
    Hi,

Several web pages in Safari show up blank or mostly blank. If I use Chrome, they show up okay. I tried chatting with Apple but they said I need to connect to a computer and reinstall iOS. I’m in Argentina for a year and I don’t have access to a computer.

Does anyone know of any other solutions?
    Do the websites that partially load, do they contain a lot of flash or Java content? If so, have you enabled or installed the associated plugin/add-on?
    muchospanish likes this.
    12-06-2019 09:23 PM
    You could try going to Settings>Safari > scroll down to "Clear History and Website data". It's in blue. Tap on it to clear the browser. If you have any tabs open you want to keep, bookmark them first.
    Thank you. I just tried it and it didn’t help.
    12-06-2019 09:50 PM
    Do the websites that partially load, do they contain a lot of flash or Java content? If so, have you enabled or installed the associated plugin/add-on?

They partially load. I don’t know if there’s flash or java but I don’t think so because they work in Chrome and Opera. Thank you.
    12-06-2019 09:51 PM
    They partially load. I don’t know if there’s flash or java but I don’t think so because they work in Chrome and Opera. Thank you.
    I understand. I know there are sites that will flat out tell you to use Chrome, Firefox, etcetera to get the full web experience so I’m wondering if the ones that partially load for you among them.
    muchospanish likes this.
    12-06-2019 10:00 PM
    Have you tried changing from Mobile View to Reader View?
    muchospanish likes this.
    12-07-2019 09:16 AM
    Thank you. I just tried it and it didn’t help.
    Is your internet signal good? Wifi and Cellular? I'm thinking it's your location, but how I don't know.
    12-08-2019 10:52 AM
    Have you tried changing from Mobile View to Reader View?
    Yes, I have tried it and that works...
    12-08-2019 11:16 AM
    Is your internet signal good? Wifi and Cellular? I'm thinking it's your location, but how I don't know.
    I do have a slow connection. Maybe Safari needs more than Chrome an Opera. I thought that all the browser on the iPad were the same, though.
    12-08-2019 11:17 AM
    I understand. I know there are sites that will flat out tell you to use Chrome, Firefox, etcetera to get the full web experience so I’m wondering if the ones that partially load for you among them.

This latest one is just a wordpress blog. I’m not sure. Thank you and everyone else for trying for me.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    12-08-2019 11:18 AM
    I do have a slow connection. Maybe Safari needs more than Chrome an Opera. I thought that all the browser on the iPad were the same, though.
    I don't think they're all the same. Safari can be difficult at times, even with a good signal. Clearing your RAM may help.
    12-08-2019 12:31 PM
    I’ll have a better signal tomorrow for a couple of days. I’ll test out the theory!
    12-08-2019 02:01 PM