Mouse Support in iPadOS 3 Public Beta 2 - Not working

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I tried out developers beta 1 or 2 on my old 2017 iPad 12.9" and was able to successfully connect my Blue tooth mouse to it. I upgraded to a new iPad Pro. I'm now using Public Beta 2 on a 2018 iPad 12.9" and that same mouse isn't even seen as an available blue tooth device on the new iPad.

Anyone experience this? I've restarted the iPad and even turned off blue tooth and back on. It sees and connects to my blue tooth keyboard just fine.

**NOTE: I did try to test the mouse with another computer to see if it is available to them and it was**

Uggh...The mouse is working on a Windows machine, just not on my iPad

Last edited:

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I just checked another wireless, blue tooth, mouse and my iPad doesn’t even discover it. I can narrow it down to most likely iPadOS as the problem

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I guess this is a great FYI for someone who had a problem making it work and are failing.

If your mouse isn’t showing up with your other Bluetooth devices, go here:

Settings ➤ Accessibility ➤ Touch ➤ Assistive Touch ➤ Pointing Devices

I know this information has been given, but my problem is I kept looking at the “regular” Bluetooth devices and a mouse won’t show up there. In the Point Devices area is where the mouse will show up.

That’s where I was going wrong, I was expecting it to show up with all of the other Bluetooth devices. It would make sense that it would be listed with all of the other Bluetooth devices...But we don’t want to design it where it makes sense in this case :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234