iPad frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I got my tax refund this week. I carry no credit card debt. And, I only have 60 payments left on my mortgage. I decided to upgrade my iPad Pro from my Gen 3. Even got an Apple Pencil. Got home, and got logged into my iCloud account, and downloaded my backup to get started. So far, so good.

Then, I went to transfer my service from my old one to this one. Kept getting an error message from Verizon. Tried 3 times. Nothing. Called the number on the screen. Turns out, the eSIM installed is a T-Mobile eSIM, not a Verizon. ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I now have 2 choices. Tomorrow, make another 90 minute round trip to the Apple Store, and exchange it, or go to the Verizon store 10 minutes from me, and have them get it on my account. I’m going with number 2, but I’m stilled annoyed! Thanks for letting me vent. Rant over.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I got my tax refund this week. I carry no credit card debt. And, I only have 60 payments left on my mortgage. I decided to upgrade my iPad Pro from my Gen 3. Even got an Apple Pencil. Got home, and got logged into my iCloud account, and downloaded my backup to get started. So far, so good.

Then, I went to transfer my service from my old one to this one. Kept getting an error message from Verizon. Tried 3 times. Nothing. Called the number on the screen. Turns out, the eSIM installed is a T-Mobile eSIM, not a Verizon. ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I now have 2 choices. Tomorrow, make another 90 minute round trip to the Apple Store, and exchange it, or go to the Verizon store 10 minutes from me, and have them get it on my account. I’m going with number 2, but I’m stilled annoyed! Thanks for letting me vent. Rant over.

Ah man. I’m sorry that happened to you. I would definitely give number 2 a try first, but if it becomes a bigger headache then take the 45 minute drive to the Apple Store and let them know how unhappy you were with getting an iPad Pro with the wrong carrier’s SIM.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Sorry to hear that.
If you already haven’t, immediately open the Apple Support app or go via browser to Apple Support and open a case. Tell them explicitly how far away the Apple Store is and how frustrating the troubleshooting time consumed has been only to discover the order fulfillment mistake (patience if the Support tech asks you to step through some troubleshooting- it’s sometimes required). If they have stock, they can get a replacement to you by fedex/UPS Tuesday.
And that advice is for all things Apple(under warrantyAC+) for anyone reading this — even if you plan to personally go back to the store. Let Support make it right including making a store reservation for you if you prefer/want to go to a store.

From an even larger view, the Support system generates and provides important metrics very high up the management chain. If Support is seeing poor order fulfillment —- or hardware issues or user issues outsized in a specific area, the Support system is ground zero for flagging high ups (order fixes on the Order system especially at a store may not reach as high up as Support metrics)
BOL…

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Awww geez…. I hate this for you! I hope you’re able to get it sorted out quickly. Please keep us posted!

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Took about 15 minutes, got into my account, and he was able to remove the old eSIM, and assign a Verizon eSIM.

Congrats op.

Are you talking about the nano sim?

The esim, is an electronic sim embedded into the device.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Congrats op.

I don’t have a physical SIM. I mean the eSIM. I don’t know exactly what he did, but he did some typing on his tablet, and I can now get online with it.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I don’t have a physical SIM. I mean the eSIM. I don’t know exactly what he did, but he did some typing on his tablet, and I can now get online with it.

Probably just requisitioning the esim to your account.

Enjoy your new iPad in good health.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Congrats op.

That was confusing me too. I don't even understand why the OP had to go to a store, Verizon should've been able to activate that over the phone ...

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
When I was talking to the tech on the phone, he did NOT give me that option.
Right ... that's kind of my point. The Tech's you reached out to SHOULD'VE known exactly how to correct your issue first call. instead they made up some BS story about T-mobile & Verizon Esims ... there is no such thing, only ESIMs that carriers activate to they're own network. Besides being inept at tech support they completely wasted your time in the process.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Why can’t you let me be happy? Obviously, there’s something to it, or I wouldn’t have gotten error messages when I tried to activate on my own 5 TIMES! And, as someone who worked in phone support in the past, first level is very basic support. I got my iPad, it’s working, and I can get on the internet. I’ve moved on, why can’t you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73