Tried holding power and home button down for 30 plus seconds, still black screen of death. It's been on the charger, and battery life showed near 100% just before the screen went black and that's how she sits. Guess an appt at the apple store is my my future. Lasted a month or 2. So much for quality control...
    03-01-2021 02:50 PM
    Tried holding power and home button down for 30 plus seconds, still black screen of death. It's been on the charger, and battery life showed near 100% just before the screen went black and that's how she sits. Guess an appt at the apple store is my my future. Lasted a month or 2. So much for quality control...
    I'm sorry... that's so frustrating. It's good that you're going to take it in. If you've only had it for 2 months, it's still under warranty!
    etad putta likes this.
    03-02-2021 08:53 AM
    Appointment at the Apple store Wednesday at noon. Hopefully a quick swap out and back in business. Fingers crossed!!
    Annie_M likes this.
    03-02-2021 10:51 AM
    Appointment at the Apple store Wednesday at noon. Hopefully a quick swap out and back in business. Fingers crossed!!
    Please keep us posted!
    etad putta likes this.
    03-02-2021 11:06 AM
    Just a quick thought: have you tried plugging it into a traditional computer? If so, does Finder (macOS) or iTunes (Windows) recognize the iPad?
    Last edited by Ed7789; 03-02-2021 at 07:32 PM.
    Annie_M likes this.
    03-02-2021 07:05 PM
    Plugged it into my Mac mini and pc, it is not listed in either.
    03-03-2021 12:33 AM
    And it's toast. They had to order a replacement. I have to go back in a few days to pick it up. Still always a good experience a the Genius Bar. Was treated well and can't really complain. It was covered under warranty. 2 months old. Still have the $20 iPad 3 to get me by...
    Ledsteplin and Annie_M like this.
    03-03-2021 01:03 PM
    And it's toast. They had to order a replacement. I have to go back in a few days to pick it up. Still always a good experience a the Genius Bar. Was treated well and can't really complain. It was covered under warranty. 2 months old. Still have the $20 iPad 3 to get me by...
    Well, I'm sorry that you have to wait for a replacement, but I'm glad the experience was a good one.
    etad putta likes this.
    03-03-2021 01:34 PM
    3 days later and not even an email regarding progress. Funny how they have product to sell, but not product to replace a failed device. Maybe they sent the order in via snail mail..."Depending on the type of service, your repair might take up to 5 business days". I guess I'm asking too much.
    Last edited by etad putta; 03-06-2021 at 07:41 PM.
    03-06-2021 07:22 PM
    3 days later and not even an email regarding progress. Funny how they have product to sell, but not product to replace a failed device. Maybe they sent the order in via snail mail..."Depending on the type of service, your repair might take up to 5 business days". I guess I'm asking too much.
    Stock on shelves =/= stock for replacement.
    03-07-2021 07:19 AM
    Stock on shelves =/= stock for replacement.
    3 other stores in my area have my color and storage in stock. They could have shipped me one of those. Not life or death, but could be a bit better service.
    Annie_M likes this.
    03-07-2021 04:37 PM
    Checked the Apple "My Support" page. It shows "no status available". Not trying to be a jerk, I love my Apple products. M1 mini, 2020SE, Series 4 watch, AirPods, all that stuff. Just a heads up that replacement under warranty is a bit slow right now.
    03-08-2021 11:27 AM
    I would be frustrated too! Did they give you any kind of case number?
    03-08-2021 01:59 PM
    Yes they did Annie, when I check using that case number on the My Support page it just says no status available. I guess I just keep waiting, I have no other option..
    Annie_M likes this.
    03-08-2021 02:40 PM
    I called Apple support on Tuesday morning. They could offer no information as to the status of my iPad replacement. Tuesday early afternoon I received an email from the Apple store in Roseville Mn saying my iPad was in. I drove down and picked it up before work. Nice to have it back.
    Annie_M likes this.
    03-10-2021 06:18 AM
    I called Apple support on Tuesday morning. They could offer no information as to the status of my iPad replacement. Tuesday early afternoon I received an email from the Apple store in Roseville Mn saying my iPad was in. I drove down and picked it up before work. Nice to have it back.
    Good! So their communication skills were horrible! I would definitely let them know!
    etad putta likes this.
    03-10-2021 07:13 AM