Save on M1 iPad Pro: $100 off at Amazon

Hello, can you please tell me do you recommend satechi multiport adapter v2 hub for ipad pro, I want to connect ethernet, battery charger and usb/external hdd in the same time? Is it going to work together? What about ethernet?
    09-11-2020 08:54 AM
    I recommend whatever hub thats capable of suiting your needs so if you like the one you mentioned, get it.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 09-13-2020 at 08:06 AM.
    09-11-2020 06:19 PM
    Sorry, I can't resist posting this. With due respect for Just_Me-D and some others (usually old timers that have been residing in this forum for a long time including TiPb days), when somebody (usually novices judging from their post count, but you never know their experience level by a post count alone) asks a question or "opinions" on certain equipment choices etc, such as which model, size and the whole slew of things, they will often encounter this kind of response, i.e., only you can decide etc. People come here for different reasons, sometimes just asking opinions to help them decide which way to go. It's not that they cannot make up their mind. They are just asking opinions, not you decision (advices and recommendations, yes) and they know they will make a final decision. It's very natural for everyone to do so, particularly when they are new to Apple world. I have been an Apple user since 1986 (MacIntosh Plus, remember? May be a bit of Lisa too). But I am not usually a lurker. At one time, when I had a loaner BlackBerry when my iPhone was in repair, I was fascinated by it and joined the CrackBerry forum. Boy was it a very (extremely) lively forum but I joined it in the beginning of a very turmoil time for BB and quickly accumulated some 1000 (?) posts. It was quite a learning experience as well as fun too. I was helped so much by other during one year or so while I was there until BB switched to OS10 (was it?) which was a total disaster. I see a lot of comrades who came from BB and joined here, bringing a wealth of experiences. Lately, I see a post or two, complaining that this forum is not particularly useful and moved to other forum. There are many people who just say Hello and Welcome, accumulating a lot of post counts tht way.

I do not have any particular advice or opinion on this hub thing (particularly on iPad, advisability of using it etc) so I cannot help the OP, but others may.
    If I have any particular experience or knowledge on certain Apple device, I try to post them.
    Many people who ask these very legitimate questions seem new to Apple and are seeking for advice or opinions from what they thought were experienced people. If you cannot give them or do not have meaningful advice, you do not have to say a thing, as you don't. Quite normal. But telling them that it's up to themselves to decide only drive them away and they will never come back here. I believe this is an inconvenient truth to some, and hope the forum police would not quickly shelve this up as inactive.
    Duck and hide :-)
    09-13-2020 08:00 AM
    Hello, can you please tell me do you recommend satechi multiport adapter v2 hub for ipad pro, I want to connect ethernet, battery charger and usb/external hdd in the same time? Is it going to work together? What about ethernet?
    Are you trying to recreate what a usb-c adapter will do with a laptop? I'm not sure what you want to do is even possible.
    09-13-2020 08:12 AM
    Sorry, I can't resist posting this. With due respect for Just_Me-D and some others (usually old timers that have been residing in this forum for a long time including TiPb days), when somebody (usually novices judging from their post count, but you never know their experience level by a post count alone) asks a question or "opinions" on certain equipment choices etc, such as which model, size and the whole slew of things, they will often encounter this kind of response, i.e., only you can decide etc. People come here for different reasons, sometimes just asking opinions to help them decide which way to go. It's not that they cannot make up their mind. They are just asking opinions, not you decision (advices and recommendations, yes) and they know they will make a final decision. It's very natural for everyone to do so, particularly when they are new to Apple world. I have been an Apple user since 1986 (MacIntosh Plus, remember? May be a bit of Lisa too). But I am not usually a lurker. At one time, when I had a loaner BlackBerry when my iPhone was in repair, I was fascinated by it and joined the CrackBerry forum. Boy was it a very (extremely) lively forum but I joined it in the beginning of a very turmoil time for BB and quickly accumulated some 1000 (?) posts. It was quite a learning experience as well as fun too. I was helped so much by other during one year or so while I was there until BB switched to OS10 (was it?) which was a total disaster. I see a lot of comrades who came from BB and joined here, bringing a wealth of experiences. Lately, I see a post or two, complaining that this forum is not particularly useful and moved to other forum. There are many people who just say Hello and Welcome, accumulating a lot of post counts tht way.

I do not have any particular advice or opinion on this hub thing (particularly on iPad, advisability of using it etc) so I cannot help the OP, but others may.
    If I have any particular experience or knowledge on certain Apple device, I try to post them.
    Many people who ask these very legitimate questions seem new to Apple and are seeking for advice or opinions from what they thought were experienced people. If you cannot give them or do not have meaningful advice, you do not have to say a thing, as you don't. Quite normal. But telling them that it's up to themselves to decide only drive them away and they will never come back here. I believe this is an inconvenient truth to some, and hope the forum police would not quickly shelve this up as inactive.
    Duck and hide :-)
    Don’t duck and hide. You did well. Sometimes, it’s difficult for “me” to accept people being unable to make a decision without needing to validate with others first, but it’s good to be reminded we’re in a different era so thank you!....
    taz323 likes this.
    09-13-2020 08:13 AM
    Don’t duck and hide. You did well. Sometimes, it’s difficult for “me” to accept people being unable to make a decision without needing to validate with others first, but it’s good to be reminded we’re in a different era so thank you!....
    Understood and thank you!
    09-13-2020 08:16 AM
    OP I've been using the Satechi Multiport Adapter V2 with my MacBook Pro for 20 months and all the ports work great together so it should work fine with an iPad Pro.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-19-2020 06:52 AM