You Tube isn’t compatible. Looking to finally upgrade

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I’m I have a I believe it’s a 3rd gen that has pretty much sat when the screen got bigger except it did get some action when I was reaching and at church for leading music. I also use it for watching vid in other rooms without a screen.

I’ve been using it for my kids music lessons and practice. When planning to use a vid of a song, You Tube is no longer compatible 🤦🏽*♀️. Now I think I might want to upgrade. It’s not a daily use device like my XR. I don’t want the latest and greatest but at the same time, I want longevity. I haven’t kept up with the iPads. I know there’s Air and Pro. Definitely not the latter. Two more kids later and I’m a lot more practical about my devices. I just want more functionality and not have to replace it in a couple years to maintain it.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I am sorry but I do not understand you,what are you trying to do? Because I can reach it from here,I have just played on YouTube a short part of a J S Bach recording on my iPad gen 3, it is just fine. Are you trying to do something more complicated ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The 3rd generation iPad cannot support an iOS version higher than 9.3.6 (according to the iPad Wiki.

With that being said, if you want an iPad that should last you a few years, I recommend a 2018 model or newer.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah years ago I couldn’t do iOS 10 and it wasn’t a huge deal but yeah it can’t get You Tube. I was able to get it in Safari! So that will buy me some more time then and I want them to watch the vid and work on a song right now. Which gen is 2018? I saw the Air but I hadn’t kept up.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh wow! iPad wiki has it all listed so double the generations to 6 or an Air. Meanwhile I can still get it on Safari but if this is actually my screen hubs broke and not my screen protector I’m thinking the fix might not be worth it unless I just use it for watching programs at that point.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah years ago I couldn’t do iOS 10 and it wasn’t a huge deal but yeah it can’t get You Tube. I was able to get it in Safari! So that will buy me some more time then and I want them to watch the vid and work on a song right now. Which gen is 2018? I saw the Air but I hadn’t kept up.

The YouTube “app” requires iOS 11 and newer so that’s why the app wouldn’t work for you.

As for which iPad model, Best Buy is offering a new 7th Generation iPad for $329.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow! iPad wiki has it all listed so double the generations to 6 or an Air. Meanwhile I can still get it on Safari but if this is actually my screen hubs broke and not my screen protector I’m thinking the fix might not be worth it unless I just use it for watching programs at that point.

Best deal on an iPad right now. 128gig iPad (2019)

Apple iPad (10.2-inch, Wi-Fi, 128GB) - Space Gray (Latest Model) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XQZNM5...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3208946

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice