Should I get the iPad Pro 11 inch or the 2017 Pro 10.5 to replace my 3 year old Air 2??

ShaunAFC3

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone, I am looking to get a new iPad for my 24th Birthday in late February to replace my iPad Air 2 64GB which I have had for over 3 years now and it is still going very good/strong and is very fast and is on IOS 9.3.4 but the battery is not as good compared to 3 years ago but I still can get a least 8/9 hours of screen on time on every single charge(100% to 5%).

Since the new 2018 iPad Pro 11 inch model came out couple months ago, I really really wanted to buy the iPad Pro 2018 because it will definitely definitely be a massive massive upgrade in everything(bigger display, very fast/powerful, bigger battery, USB-C, lots lots more) and is so much more better tablet then my iPad Air 2. :D :D

But it will be very very expensive in England where I live, from Currys(PC World) it will be about £1100 pounds for the 512gb model that I really really want but I will be still happy with 256GB one at about £920 which it still offers soo much more storage then the 64GB model. The 512GB one is really really ideal and would definitely definitely be my 1st choice. :)

On the other hand though, I have been looking at the refurbished 2017 iPad Pro 10.5 models specifically the 256GB model on the Apple and Amazon refurbished websites, I have seen them go for about from £525 to £669 which I could save quite a bit of money if you ask me because I don't have that much money to begin with and is good value for money at those prices. :)

The reason that I am looking at refurbished iPads, the Pro 10.5 model instead completely brand new ones because I am a bit hesitant paying full price(about £760 at Currys/PC World) only to get not the latest and greatest, not as good tech and I have heard from users that the Apple refurbished store are the absolutely the best out there and Amazon being a very close 2nd.

But the thing that is turning me off big buying the Pro 10.5 inch model big big time that I feel it not that much of a upgrade compared to the 2018 IPad Pro 11 inch model coming from an iPad Air 2 and definitely won't be as good or awesome as the new 2018 iPad Pro 11 inch and plus I really really want to get the 2018 Pro 11 inch one a whole lot lot more then the 2017 Pro 10.5. :concern:

I don't really know if I should get the iPad Pro 11 inch or the 2017 Pro 10.5 one??

I need some good help to decide!!!

What should I do?? Everyone Should I get the iPad Pro 11 inch or the 2017 Pro 10.5 to replace my 3 year old Air 2?? Or should I keep using my iPad Air 2 for another year before upgrading?? What would you do?? :| :|

I use my awesome iPad Air 2 every single day(I am a really heavy iPad user) and is my main/primary computer(I never ever use my Surface Pro 4 anymore now) and I just mainly use the Air 2 for media consumption things like watching YouTube videos, browsing the web, listening to music and playing the occasional game every now and again and that is pretty much it at the moment but in the past recently I have used the Air 2 for some basic photo editing a couple months ago which was good most of the time.

So yeah if I get don't end up upgrading to a new iPad for my 24th Birthday in late February, then I would be still be happy to keep using the iPad Air 2 for another year before finally upgrading to a so much more better and awesome iPad. :)

Last edited:

aniss.kais

Oct 5, 2017
Visit site
Go for the 2018 11-inch iPad Pro. In cellular if you can afford it. 256 gb are enough. That’s what I bought, and I am very happy with it

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Get the best one you can afford, and then just be happy with it! Pro's for the 11 inch model: It will be new, it has a much smaller bezel, it has a better chip. Pro's for the 10.5: It has good specs still, it's much more affordable, maybe bigger bezels are better on an iPad? You DO have to hold it when you use it and having bezels makes this easier, although trust me IF you go for the 11 inch you'll manage. ;) Get the best one you can afford!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm struggling with a similar decision, but have decided to sit tight with my iPad Air 2 for another year. As far as your question, I'd also go for what you can afford. If you can afford either one, then I would go with the 2018 iPad Pro. Keep us posted on what you decide! :D

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I really wanted a 2018 Pro but when Best Buy ran the 10.5 for $525 I couldn’t pass it up. I paid 499 for the original iPad almost 10 years ago. Buying the 10.5 for just $25 more seemed like a steal!!

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I just got the 10.5 pro and I am loving it! I have a MacBook but the dang thing isn’t great unless you have WiFi and I can’t use just ANY WiFi for work related stuff. I got the the WiFi + cellular 64gb and have loaded everything I need for work and still have 46gb left. Much better for portability and the keyboard is the ●~*!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2