iPad Pro or Mac Book Air ?

Knstnce

Sep 23, 2018
Visit site
Hi, I have a question : should I buy an iPad Pro (12,9 po) or a MacBook Air ?

I am 14 and I love drawing. I see a lot of people drawing on their iPad Pro, and it looks easier than a graphic tablet.

I think iPad Pro is more polyvalent, but will it last longer ?

I don't really see the avantages and the disadvantages of each device.

Thank you for you help
PS : sorry for the mistake, I'm French :)

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey there, welcome to iMore.

I would always recommend a laptop over a tablet. However, it seems your main priority is to write and draw. The iPad Pro is great and should last you many years.

Knstnce

Sep 23, 2018
Visit site
Thank you to answer, but I have an another question : to draw, maybe I can buy a graphic tablet. What is the best : iPad Pro + drawing app or MacBook Air + graphic tablet ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have a question : should I buy an iPad Pro (12,9 po) or a MacBook Air ?

I am 14 and I love drawing. I see a lot of people drawing on their iPad Pro, and it looks easier than a graphic tablet.

I think iPad Pro is more polyvalent, but will it last longer ?

I don't really see the avantages and the disadvantages of each device.

Thank you for you help
PS : sorry for the mistake, I'm French :)

If drawing is your primary focus then the iPad Pro and the Pencil is the clear choice, in my opinion. If general computing is your primary focus then I would definitely go with the MacBook.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
It really depends what you want to do on it. I have both. I prefer my iPad Pro. If you’re just going to draw and browse the web, play games and watch movies I would recommend the iPad Pro. However if you want to do any school work then go with the MacBook. The only issue would be that you can’t really draw on the MacBook.

Dark_Huntress

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the new 12”pad pro. I need portability. I also wanted to be able to use the new apps that I think are going,to be fantastic in 2019. I got the 512model. I have the previous iPad 12” and absolutely love it. I can’t find any useful apps for the MacBook and mine just gathers dust. Tome, the iPad Pro provides everything I wanted.

rdubmu

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
How about a Surface Pro 6? Best of both worlds. You get a great laptop, a better keyboard then the horrible keyboards Apple is putting in their 2016 and new computers and the pen is great!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey there, welcome to iMore.

I would always recommend a laptop over a tablet. However, it seems your main priority is to write and draw. The iPad Pro is great and should last you many years.

Welcome to iMore. I have to agree with Ambassador TripleOne. For your description of what you would be using it for I suggest the iPad Pro.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77