What do you NOT LIKE about iPad?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I’ve heard some people say they don’t see enough Apple criticism on iMore. So let’s jump into it then, I’d like to keep this an active thread if possible. I’ll post my own dislikes later, for now, what do you not like about iPad? Any of them.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I dislike that the iPad was basically a giant iPhone and now it can’t decide if it’s an iPhone or MacBook. I dislike that there are still a number of apps that would be great on iPad that only have iPhone apps. I’m not a fan of the way iPhone only apps scale on iPad, any way they are scaled. There’s so little difference between iPad and iPhone it hardly seems worth the cost. Even so, the typing experience isn’t great without spending more money to get a decent physical keyboard attachment. The iPad could also do with a wide screen for a more thematic aspect ratio. Just a few things to get the thread started.

anon(10092459)

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
Now I do like my iPP 10.5, however ...

I don't like that the pencil is sold separately. It should be included with the iPP, since it doesn't work with the regular ones anyway.

Also, the apps should be the same across the board with iPhone. Makes no sense that I can get IG on an iPhone, but not on the iPad. While I am on apps, I agree with @metallicamilitia that apps should scale to screen properly IF I end up downloading the iPhone "version" of an app on my iPad.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My answer will be specific to the iPad Pro models. With that being said, I dislike the fact that aside from having better specs and Pencil support, nothing about them screams “Pro”. They should have at least had the ability to run macOS, in my opinion.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Having just recently bought a 32g iPad 2017 wifi only- I can say that the keyboard feels a little crowded to me, and I’m finding it difficult to remove all traces of Siri and its “suggestions”.

muzzy996

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
I’ve just switched from an Android tablet to an iPad Pro 12.9 and there’s a ton of things that I miss but I anticipated that and accounted for it when deciding to make the switch. That said, I do wish that the density of home screen and shortcut bar could be modified by the user. There really is no reason that I see for such huge icons and large padded spaces between them on a “pro” tablet such as this.

anon(10092459)

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
Another thing.. Why is there no native calculator with the Pro model. I was in a meeting and went to run some quick calculations only to find out there's no calculator to be had!! Had to grab my phone instead.

Why would a professional model class tablet not have such a basic application?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711