How can I select my preferred pdf editing tools in Dropbox on the iPad Pro?

toutiao

Jan 12, 2018
Visit site
I have been an android user and I just bought an iPad pro 12.9 for the big display. I keep a lot of pdf files in dropbox and I use to be able to open those pdf files with different pdf editing apps i.e. Foxit and Adobe Acrobat. Now I open those pdf files on my iPad version of dropbox and find that I cannot choose my preferred pdf editing tools anymore.

Of course I can move it to the different app by storing the pdf file locally to that apps specific folder, but this really defeat the purpose since I want to be able to edit the pdf file and then save it and sync it on the dropbox, automatically, so that I could open it later on my PC.

How to do that? Is it possible at all in iOS 11.2.2?

Thanks!
Jing

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: using dropbox or similar cloud services

Open your preferred app for editing said PDF files and open the file in Dropbox from within that app.

Your second option is to open the PDF file in Dropbox, tap the share button and choose to open it with your preferred editing app.

toutiao

Jan 12, 2018
Visit site
Thanks a lot! Your first proposal solved my problem perfectly.

The only strange thing I noticed was that when I tried the same trick with a different cloud service provider: Nutstore, only Adobe Acrobat can find it within the app and auto save/sync the changes I made. Foxit could find the Nutstore but refused to save/upload the changes and PDF Expert can't even find the Nutstore (and I paid $9.99 twice to install the software).

May I assume this is NOT an iOS issue and direct the question to the app developer, to see what's their take on this?

Thanks again!
Jing

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a lot! Your first proposal solved my problem perfectly.

The only strange thing I noticed was that when I tried the same trick with a different cloud service provider: Nutstore, only Adobe Acrobat can find it within the app and auto save/sync the changes I made. Foxit could find the Nutstore but refused to save/upload the changes and PDF Expert can't even find the Nutstore (and I paid $9.99 twice to install the software).

May I assume this is NOT an iOS issue and direct the question to the app developer, to see what's their take on this?

Thanks again!
Jing

The apps you mention must support the cloud services.
Try enabling Nutstore in the Files app by pressing the Edit button on the upper right and see if it’s listed there.

That way you can circumvent the need of the Foxit app to support Nutstore directly.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

toutiao

Jan 12, 2018
Visit site
I just checked the Files and the Nutstore is there and already enabled (the switch button is to the right and background green). I guess that's why I had not problem with Adobe Acrobat, with both Dropbox and Nutstore .Actually, on a second look, PDF Expert actually has a UI to import other cloud services, but strangely the Nutstore is not listed as an option. Looks like PDF Expert is not getting all the available cloud services from the iOS, I guess.

toutiao

Jan 12, 2018
Visit site
Just want to follow up on my recent solution of aforementioned issues regards the FOXIT and PDF Expert connection to Nutstore Cloud service. I have contacted both APPs' tech support and the solution is to configure WebDav for each app. I was also able to get hold of Nutstore support's website which has a detailed step-by-step direction. Now both Apps connects to Nutstore smoothly. Basically, I need to open either FOXIT or PDF Expert as kindly suggested by Tartarus, and then add WebDav as a cloud service provider, where I typed in the the https address and password obtained from the previous configuration on my account in the Nutstore website. That's it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner