Last year I chose a MacBook (12 inch) upon finding the iPad pencil didn't do much for a OneNote user as it did for OneNote on a Surface tablet. Can anyone update? Is an iPad pencil in same league as a Surface with ink to text? Have OneNote features for the iPad pro caught up?

If not OneNote, what's the high performing ink to text solution if one chooses an iPad Pro and pencil over a basic iPad?

Thank you.
    11-25-2017 10:21 AM
    The Pencil is NOT in the same league as the Surface Pen, in my opinion.
    11-25-2017 06:05 PM
    If you are wanting to use the Apple Pencil you have to get the pro edition on the ipad. It only works with the Pro edition. I have had my Pro since Feb and am really pleased with it. TODAY my Apple Pencil arrived. I was debating for months whether or not to get it. I came from Android and Samsung and always used the spen. I was missing it and decided to just get it. One day with the pencil and I like it a lot. I just hope eventually Apple decides to marry the Pencil to the iphone . I think they are missing out on a niche that would use it if available. If you like to dabble with sketching and taking handwritten notes, then you will like the Apple Pencil. I got it because I wanted it . I like how it feels and it will be fun to use. I just am trying to find a note app that I really like.

YOU can’t go wrong with getting the iPad PRO. I highly recommend over the basic ipad. And I have the Mac Pro too, which I use as well.
    11-29-2017 01:27 AM
    If you are wanting to use the Apple Pencil you have to get the pro edition on the ipad. It only works with the Pro edition. I have had my Pro since Feb and am really pleased with it. TODAY my Apple Pencil arrived. I was debating for months whether or not to get it. I came from Android and Samsung and always used the spen. I was missing it and decided to just get it. One day with the pencil and I like it a lot. I just hope eventually Apple decides to marry the Pencil to the iphone . I think they are missing out on a niche that would use it if available. If you like to dabble with sketching and taking handwritten notes, then you will like the Apple Pencil. I got it because I wanted it . I like how it feels and it will be fun to use. I just am trying to find a note app that I really like.

YOU can’t go wrong with getting the iPad PRO. I highly recommend over the basic ipad. And I have the Mac Pro too, which I use as well.
    Thank you. I did another comparison with the same thoughts and discipline as earlier. I found the Pro to be an over priced and under capacity purchase unless you really want that Pencil or a tablet.

My MacBook next to the Pro with Smart Keyboard was no doubt edge to the MacBook. Pro with that keyboard compared to a MacBook are carrying a clumsy cluge of parts.

Apps like Nebo are very impressive but I'm not going to take the time to write in one app and copy to an enterprise app like OneNote or Keep.

There's no doubt that the Pro is impressive hardware but if you're not an artist wanting that pencil it's seriously diminishing returns if you take an honest look at a 12" MacBook or the modestly priced 5th generation just "iPad".

When I mentioned the Pro to an associate he made me laugh saying "Dude, you're IT admin, not marketing or sales".

11-30-2017 02:14 PM
    I didn’t want just the plain ipad. I will sometimes have to do things for work and I wanted the better format so I chose to go with the pro. I love it. Will have it a full yr in Feb. I had debated for months on the pencil and decided why not and am finding I am using it. Everyone has their preferences and I am just glad we have options. I have always had a laptop as well but am done with HP and I hate windows 10. I love the speed of opening on my Mac Pro and how everything works together.
    11-30-2017 05:33 PM
    I used to seriously draw. I won contests in high school. It was decades ago. LOL. I still dabble. People will use what they like and want .
    11-30-2017 05:36 PM