Photo mgmt for anyone using iPad as main computer

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I know with the Pro lines of iPads, many have people have adapted to using them as your main computer. My question is how do you manage your photos and I don’t mean photos taken on idevices as those can just get uploaded to the cloud. I’m talking more about photos taken on real cameras, like dslr’s. How do you transfer and back those up with just an iPad. What is the most efficient and effective ways that you guys have found to do this? Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
If your dslr does not have wifi capabilities, you can always use a wireless mobile adapter. They generally come with an app so that your photos can be wirelessly transfered from your camera to your device.

I don't know what camera you have, but this is the one that would go with my Nikon. Search Amazon if you have a different camera.

As far as backing up my photos, I use DropBox to store them and share them with family and friends. I only keep wallpaper images on my devices, which frees up space for other things. ;)

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so much for the response. I have a Nikon with Bluetooth and WiFi but it’s so timely of a process to transfer images from my experience or maybe I just take too many photos. I will look into Dropbox as I’ve never used it and while I love iCloud, I don’t find it the most cost efficient or easy to share with friends and families. Thanks again!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Is there an advantage to one over the other?

Right now, Box gives you 10 GB free storage with a 250 MB file upload limit.

Dropbox gives you 2 GB of space, no limit on file uploads, and I believe they still give you options to increase your storage by doing little things like watching the intro video, installing the app on your device and little things like that. I earned at least 17 GB of free space by inviting friends who also installed Dropbox. I'm currently sitting at 19.75 GB of free space.

It's going to be a matter of personal preference, but I like Drobox better because of the way they designed the web interface and the device app. It just feels a lot more polished than Box.

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Right now, Box gives you 10 GB free storage with a 250 MB file upload limit.

Dropbox gives you 2 GB of space, no limit on file uploads, and I believe they still give you options to increase your storage by doing little things like watching the intro video, installing the app on your device and little things like that. I earned at least 17 GB of free space by inviting friends who also installed Dropbox. I'm currently sitting at 19.75 GB of free space.

It's going to be a matter of personal preference, but I like Drobox better because of the way they designed the web interface and the device app. It just feels a lot more polished than Box.

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2