iPad Air 2 home button?? Will it break or stop working in the future?? Really worried!! HELP!!! D::

ShaunAFC3

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone i have an iPad Air 2 and have had it for nearly 2 years this September and it is my 1st ever iPad that i have had soo far and it is awesome and i really enjoy using my iPad Air 2. :D

But regarding the home button, I am wondering since i use the home button a lot to get out of apps/games, closing apps/games and taking lots of screenshots.

As i have heard some iPad users having the home button stop working or breaks on them after a couple of years of using the iPad. :/

I am really worried that the home button on my iPad Air 2 will stop working or break on me in the future which i don't want to happen because how will i get out of my apps/games and closing them and taking screenshots??!! :(

So i would like to know what are the chances of the home button stop working or breaking on me in the future?? Good chance?? Should i be worried about this or not?? And have you had the home button stop working or break on you on your iPad?? And if yes then how did you get the home button working again??

Keep in mind i am looking to use my Awesome iPad Air 2 for a least a year or 2 before upgrading to a way more newer and better iPad. :)

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey there Shaun, don’t worry too much about it. If it stops working one day, you can simply bring it to an Apple Store. For now, keep enjoying your iPad

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone i have an iPad Air 2 and have had it for nearly 2 years this September and it is my 1st ever iPad that i have had soo far and it is awesome and i really enjoy using my iPad Air 2. :D

But regarding the home button, I am wondering since i use the home button a lot to get out of apps/games, closing apps/games and taking lots of screenshots.

As i have heard some iPad users having the home button stop working or breaks on them after a couple of years of using the iPad. :/

I am really worried that the home button on my iPad Air 2 will stop working or break on me in the future which i don't want to happen because how will i get out of my apps/games and closing them and taking screenshots??!! :(

So i would like to know what are the chances of the home button stop working or breaking on me in the future?? Good chance?? Should i be worried about this or not?? And have you had the home button stop working or break on you on your iPad?? And if yes then how did you get the home button working again??

Keep in mind i am looking to use my Awesome iPad Air 2 for a least a year or 2 before upgrading to a way more newer and better iPad. :)

Unless you’re deliberately trying to break it or it’s been somehow damaged from being dropped or something, your home button should continue working for quite some time.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
While I’ve certainly heard of home buttons breaking (not any more or less than most other hardware failures than can occur on an iPad) I’ve been using Apple devices with home buttons for nearly 8 years. I’ve owned well over a dozen devices with home buttons and have yet to have one break on me.

I wouldn’t worry about it. They’re designed to be pressed thousands upon thousands of times.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh