Surface Pro to iPad Pro?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone gone from a Surface Pro device to an iPad Pro, perhaps because you felt you didn't need the power of the Surface or other reasons? If so, what has been your experience? Miss anything? Happy?
I currently have a SP4 which I bought because I was on Windows mobile. Have recently changed to an iPhone SE which I love. The iPad Pro would be a lot less money and I mainly surf, listen to music, etc. While I do some file management, I have a laptop also. It would also place me on the same ecosystem (ios)
Thanks for any input.

naddy6969

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I was foolishly on Windows mobile too. I had an Icon, a 1520 and a 950XL. I recently sold them all - except the 1520. It is just so big and nice.

But I have since moved completely to iOS for mobile. I now have a 6s plus iPhone and several iPads including both 10.5" and 12.9" new iPad pros. These are so far beyond anything Microsoft has, it is astonishing.

Microsoft is truly clueless when it comes to mobile. The hardware is good (surface pros) but being saddled with Windows 10 is a joke. I have been a Windows user for 25 years, but Windows 10 is driving me to Apple.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, I was foolishly on Windows mobile too. I had an Icon, a 1520 and a 950XL. I recently sold them all - except the 1520. It is just so big and nice.

But I have since moved completely to iOS for mobile. I now have a 6s plus iPhone and several iPads including both 10.5" and 12.9" new iPad pros. These are so far beyond anything Microsoft has, it is astonishing.

Microsoft is truly clueless when it comes to mobile. The hardware is good (surface pros) but being saddled with Windows 10 is a joke. I have been a Windows user for 25 years, but Windows 10 is driving me to Apple.

Thanks for the reply.
I have a 9.7" iPad Pro 128gb version on the way. Got a great deal on EBay with a smart case and other accessories. I'll test it out and if it meets my needs will put the SP4 up for sale. Will save a lot of money too. Appreciate the input, makes me feel better about my decision.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

ShaneBunting

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Windows Mobile 10 in two words: Wasted Potential. Seeing Windows 10 & Continuity be released actually tempted me back to Windows as a long term Apple user... but in practise the experience is so poor. Or at least, poor compared to Apple. As far as I can see, the Surface Pro is the same. Seems great but the user experience is far from seamless.

I went from Mac to Windows to iPad 2017 128GB and I don't think I'll look back. The iOS 11 announcement really pushed me towards this lifestyle! The iPad might not technically check every single box the Surface or full PC does in terms of features, the experience of what is DOES do is far superior. Far more seamless, as we'd expect from Apple.

On the SP4, you have full desktop apps which are terrible on touch and make for a poor experience. Then, you have barely supported and baby Windows 10 platform apps from the store which last I heard most developers are discontinuing anyway.. so it's hard to see a case for a great tablet with an unoptimised OS..

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I provision Surface models to my users and like them but have not yet found any reason to buy the iPad Pro for my users at work or me. The iPad Pro is great but limited. It’s probably way more of a tool for someone who will draw or want the screen.

I’ve spent two periods analyzing the Pro against Surface. I bought Surfaces units for work and the 12” MacBook for self. 12” MacBooks seem to be WAY under appreciated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2