How often do you update your iPad?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Interesting to see how often some do or would upgrade. Even the Pro model is so limited compared to a general purpose computer and especially the MacBook that I'd have a hard time with that spending.

Our early Retina model was fine until software updates on the past year but it's still a reasonable web browser and some apps still perform. At work dozens of iPads 2-5 years old still work fine enough.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Interesting to see how often some do or would upgrade. Even the Pro model is so limited compared to a general purpose computer and especially the MacBook that I'd have a hard time with that spending.

Our early Retina model was fine until software updates on the past year but it's still a reasonable web browser and some apps still perform. At work dozens of iPads 2-5 years old still work fine enough.

Oh yeah, MacBook and iPad can last for years.
I’m going to start saving up for next year’s iPP. If I could afford it, I would upgrade my devices annualy except for the MacBook Pro.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I am going to try to make the switch to an 10.5 inch IPad Pro. I have a MacBook but want to give it a shot. It does everything that I need and more... I will test it for a month before I sell my MacBook..

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I am going to try to make the switch to an 10.5 inch IPad Pro. I have a MacBook but want to give it a shot. It does everything that I need and more... I will test it for a month before I sell my MacBook..

It can replace a laptop, but it can’t be compared against one.
The iPP 10.5” is great and I think you’ll love it!

Tangkong36

Jan 10, 2018
Visit site
hahaha.. i thought when u said update, it's the software update.. hahaha....silly me... so when there's a software update i immediately do it..

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not on a cycle honestly. I get a new iPad when I "need" one. My 12.9 is still working flawlessly. I imagine I've got a few more years on that. No need to waste the money on a new one when the current one works just fine. For me, my iPad is seen in a similar light as my computers.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded from my iPad 2 last year to an iPad Air 2. I would have liked to get the iPad Pro but after discussing this with a very helpful sales associate at our local Apple Store, I decided that the Air 2 would fit my needs perfectly, and I have no regrets. I have no immediate plans to upgrade (unless I win the lottery, and then heck yeah). As long as my Air 2 behaves, and stays relevant (based on being able to update to the latest iOS), I don't foresee me making a change.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’m very happy with the 10.5” iPP, and have no plans of upgrading it. Although I’ll be very tempted with this year’s model.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
iPad Mini 3
Air 2
iPP 12.9”

Those are the iPads I’ve had in the last 4yrs so I’m looking at an update around a little under every 1.5 yrs. waiting to see what they announce for this year’s lineup before I decide to upgrade my 12.9”. I will stay with the 12.9” because no way I move to a smaller screen now

May 4, 2018
Visit site
If I feel that the iPad is losing it's charm like, battery discharging way quickly, display getting dimmer or anything else, then I will start making plans to upgrade, 5 years strong with my iPad Air 1 <3

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Whenever an update is offered. But.....I look at the forums to make there are not any problems with the update before updating any device.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I can’t believe they’re not releasing a new iPad. I never thought in a million years that I’d be purchasing another android tablet but that’s exactly what I’m going to be doing. This sucks, I’m disgusted.

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Are you sure they aren’t releasing a new iPad? I’m thinking they will! At least I’m really hoping they do. I was planning on updating my 9.7 Pro this year.

I’d say I would like to update every 2 years...Same as the iPhone.

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from my iPad 2 last year to an iPad Air 2. I would have liked to get the iPad Pro but after discussing this with a very helpful sales associate at our local Apple Store, I decided that the Air 2 would fit my needs perfectly, and I have no regrets. I have no immediate plans to upgrade (unless I win the lottery, and then heck yeah). As long as my Air 2 behaves, and stays relevant (based on being able to update to the latest iOS), I don't foresee me making a change.
My thoughts too. So far my Air 2 is doing well. iOS 12 is smooth and there are no complaints.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW