Ok, so my son has an android tablet, but the iPad seems to grab his attention. I'm interested in buying him an iPad but I don't care to get him the latest. Any suggestions on which iPad I should consider? Thinking of looking for one on eBay.
    05-18-2017 07:54 PM
    I may become an outcast on these forums for this answer but for a two year old, I'd likely buy the Amazon Fire tablet Kid's Edition. It comes with a large rubber-ish case that really protects the tablet well, as well as a two year warranty that protects you if somehow your child finds a way to break it. The downside is that it is an Amazon skin on top of Android, but it should make it much easier and interesting for your child to use.

If you really feel you need an iPad, I'd likely get a Mini, as the smaller size will be easier for your two year old to hold.
    05-18-2017 11:18 PM
    I may become an outcast on these forums for this answer but for a two year old, I'd likely buy the Amazon Fire tablet Kid's Edition. It comes with a large rubber-ish case that really protects the tablet well, as well as a two year warranty that protects you if somehow your child finds a way to break it. The downside is that it is an Amazon skin on top of Android, but it should make it much easier and interesting for your child to use.

If you really feel you need an iPad, I'd likely get a Mini, as the smaller size will be easier for your two year old to hold.
    Yeah the Amazon tablet is the one he currently has now. But whenever he sees the iPad he rather have the iPad. That's why I'm kinda considering getting him. Preferably an inexpensive one.
    05-19-2017 06:35 PM
    Yeah the Amazon tablet is the one he currently has now. But whenever he sees the iPad he rather have the iPad. That's why I'm kinda considering getting him. Preferably an inexpensive one.
    This one: https://www.apple.com/ipad-9.7/
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    07-11-2017 08:44 PM
    We did this for Christmas last year. Our 2 year old got an iPad Air 2 with a heavy duty case. Its worked out fairly well but I will warn you, there is nothing your child will like more than YOUR devices. He will still take every opportunity to grab our iPads or iPhones.
    07-23-2017 03:42 PM
    I suggest a mini 2,3, or 4. Both my kids have one (3 and 8) I let my son use my iPad 2 at one point. He ended up cracking the screen since it was too heavy/unwieldy for him. The form factor of the mini is good for smaller hands in my opinion.
    07-29-2017 12:42 AM
    Maybe an older Mini 2 or 3 used? As long as it works and is good condition, you'll save money. But a good rugged case and if it does break it'll not be as bad.
    08-06-2017 08:43 AM