Guess the Mini is Dead :(

gelowapups

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
i love my mini 2 but i was hoping if apple will release an ipad mini. i'll buy one. :( but make sure it has specs that can match the iphone (for example. ipad mini 2 had the same specs as the iphone 5s which was also release at the saame time that's why i bought it)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
i love my mini 2 but i was hoping if apple will release an ipad mini. i'll buy one. :( but make sure it has specs that can match the iphone (for example. ipad mini 2 had the same specs as the iphone 5s which was also release at the saame time that's why i bought it)

Pick up a Mini 4 and call it a day ;)

naddy6969

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Since there is no "mini pro" - and no evidence that one is coming - the existing 128 GB Mini 4 is no slouch. I lucked into one for under $300 on eBay, as an open box special from Best Buy. It is in brand new condition, and works fine. Probably a store demo unit. It is basically an Air 2 with a smaller screen. Or, think of it as between the 6 plus and 6s plus iPhones.

But since it is still currently being sold, it will be supported for the next 3 years at least, even if it is discontinued tomorrow. It is still a great little tablet.

ShaneBunting

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I think it's 100% dead in Apple's eyes as this whole iOS 11 plus growing up into more of a desktop won't work as well with the smaller screen of the Mini in practice. I loved the size too, but when I bought my 2017 iPad I just could not justify the iPad Mini 4 128GB for roughly the same price due to the fact it won't be as good to split screen on as the 2017 iPad when iOS 11 drops. Fond memories of using a Mini will live on forever though!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I think it's 100% dead in Apple's eyes as this whole iOS 11 plus growing up into more of a desktop won't work as well with the smaller screen of the Mini in practice. I loved the size too, but when I bought my 2017 iPad I just could not justify the iPad Mini 4 128GB for roughly the same price due to the fact it won't be as good to split screen on as the 2017 iPad when iOS 11 drops. Fond memories of using a Mini will live on forever though!

I originally got the Mini due to price and weight, with a bit of consideration to size of portability. Over time the balance has shifted the other way with the only real consideration being screen size/portability. Weight is much better and pricing is good. The size of the Mini is still pretty good though... yet larger smart phones are kind of eating into that market.

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Got a cellular iPad Mini 4 as my first tablet and I really love it. I watch videos, read articles, and some casual gaming on my Mini which is great. Those tasks are not that demanding so I assume that the Mini 4 will probably last for several more years for me even if it no longer receives the latest OS update. However, it is unfortunate that Apple is no longer making new Minis. I wish they would release a new one every two years because I'm sure there are a lot of users who prefer the Mini. The Mini doesn't have to have the newest and latest tech so I hope the iPad Mini isn't completely dead.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I got fed up of waiting for Apple to update the mini and I’ve just ordered the mini 4. I desperately need something smaller than my 10.5 inch iPad Pro for 2 hour each way commute each day. I’ve also downsized my 7 plus to the iPhone X so the mini will be more appropriate now. The mini 4 might be the last mini as Apple don’t seem that keen to update it.

I’ve had all 3 generations of the iPad mini before the 4 and I really enjoy the form factor.

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I got fed up of waiting for Apple to update the mini and I’ve just ordered the mini 4. I desperately need something smaller than my 10.5 inch iPad Pro for 2 hour each way commute each day. I’ve also downsized my 7 plus to the iPhone X so the mini will be more appropriate now. The mini 4 might be the last mini as Apple don’t seem that keen to update it.

I’ve had all 3 generations of the iPad mini before the 4 and I really enjoy the form factor.

I also love my mini and have been waiting to update my mini 2

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I hope it’s not dead and gets some refresh

If they don’t update the Mini during the rumored 2018 iPad refresh I doubt it’s ever going to happen. With iOS 11 Apple has clearly shifted focus to larger display iPads. I just don’t see the Mini as something that follows Apple’s game plan going forward.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I doubt there will be anymore new mini so will just be sticking to my mini 4. Had it since it was first launched and still going strong, though with some minor lag with current iOS 11.2.2.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I doubt there will be anymore new mini so will just be sticking to my mini 4. Had it since it was first launched and still going strong, though with some minor lag with current iOS 11.2.2.

There’s still a possibility. Although it does seem like Apple is focusing on their iPad Pro lineup.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
There’s still a possibility. Although it does seem like Apple is focusing on their iPad Pro lineup.

Previously there were rumors that Apple's discontinuing the iPad mini line and it's not been updated for some time.

If there's a mini pro I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I suspect the mini is dead. Because I believe it will be, I bought my son a 128GB mini 4 at Best Buy for $275 recently. He had a 1st gen mini and it was almost non usable. So we upgraded him while we could.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh