Returning 12.9" iPad pro

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I know I shouldn't be even thinking about this but sometimes I do. I just bought this on 12/21/2016. Saved about $225 at target. This included the Targus case and AppleCare. I have until January 24th to return this. Do I even think about this? I'm happy with this even if the rumors are saying that sometime in March of this year or later we should be seeing new iPad pros coming out.

Except for my 7 plus, I been using this more than my 9.7" pro or my 15" rMBP. Should I even be considering this? Also, if I return it, unless target says no, I would probably have to get the new ones on att next. This would probably cost me a lot more money over time.

Well I'm going to think about it a little bit and see what happens. All I've been using this big iPad for mostly is YouTube, Netflix, and imore forums. I haven't started gaming on it yet.

Personally, I don't see what the new ones would have over this one. At least for me it probably wouldn't be much since I'm not a power user.

Any suggestions?

Sorry for the long post but sometimes I just keep typing.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Having an iPhione and an iPad Pro is understandable to "me", but having an iPhone and two iPad Pro devices do not...??????...If you use the 12.9" model more than the 9.7" model, return the 9.7" model, if you can. If you cannot, then yeah, return the 12.9 and make use of the 9.7. That is my recommendation, but the decision is yours to make so good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Returning 12.9" iPad pro

I understand what your saying. When the big iPads were announced I looked at my 15" rMBP and said no thanks. When the smaller pro was released I jumped on it and sold my air 2. Then in the fall I started looking again at the big pro and after some thought bought it at a real good sale at target. Even though the smaller pro sits at home unless the kids are using it, I still like the bigger screen on the 12.9". It's going to be hard I think to return it and go back to a smaller screen.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with having many Apple devices. If you are a collector or someone who just loves to support Apple, then tuts great. Lots of people have more than one phone. :)

But once money starts to become an issue then i would say be wiser with your purchases. If you enjoy your iPad Pro 9.7 and use it more than all the other devices then maybe think about returning the 12.9" while you still have the chance. There is no real need to have both if you enjoy the one so much already.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Returning 12.9" iPad pro

Well today's the 25th, I haven't returned it. Hadn't really thought about it until I was on the forums today. I like this one. I don't really see any reason to upgrade when the new ones are released.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I know this post has been here awhile but I am new to iMore and owning an ipad for personal use. I have been using an ipad at my job for 5 years.
I had gone into the VERIZON store on the 14th and ordered the 12.9. I had been told by my friend the newer models will be out soon, but I had been playing with this model and reading a lot on it and really like it. I have a friend who has it as well and she raves about it. I know this one would most likely be discounted when the newer models are released, but there is always going to be new out there. If we have to hold off and wait for the newest and "greatest" then we will never have. I am not going to 2nd guess my decision. I like it. Was told it would be shipped on the 31st of March because they were completely out and was pleasantly surprised to get an email that is was shipping. I have had for two days and LOVE IT.
I wish it was cheaper but you get what you pay for. Another thing too. I got a great trade in value on my Samsung Note 5 which is lowering the cost on my iphone7 plus. I am getting a really good tax return and I might just pay off the phone. Will see how things are. But anyways, the savings I am getting on the iphone helped me to afford the iPad Pro. I am all on Apple now on a personal level and have the watch too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh