Tablets are completely useless/crap and pointless!!

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I’m so glad I upgraded my iPad 4 to the iPad Pro. I take my iPhone 7 and my iPad with me everywhere I go. I use it for book reading and will begin to use it in ministry. I don’t think they will ever go out of style!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m so glad I upgraded my iPad 4 to the iPad Pro. I take my iPhone 7 and my iPad with me everywhere I go. I use it for book reading and will begin to use it in ministry. I don’t think they will ever go out of style!

I bet. That’s was a big upgrade and its power is top notch. Anyway, I’m glad you’re enjoying your Apple products. Let us know how it works for you in your Ministry. Take care.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I bet. That’s was a big upgrade and its power is top notch. Anyway, I’m glad you’re enjoying your Apple products. Let us know how it works for you in your Ministry. Take care.

Thank you I sure will!! My Pastor asked if we could use social media to spread the news of upcoming events and what’s happening with the church. My iPad is perfect for that.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
In my opinion, for consuming media and reading books, iPad is king. I can do those same things on my MacBook Pro, but the portability of the iPad makes it superior. You can do the same things on your phone as you can on a tablet but that doesn’t make the the tablet useless. The tablet does certain things better than a phone or laptop, and that’s why it is valuable.

Yep!
The tablet is not useless at all, it really depends on the user. It can even replace a laptop these days

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Definitely not. Great for writing and surfing and everything in between. You just need to figure out where it fits into your lifestyle. Nothing is useless if you find a use for it...which is self explanatory and a given but oh well, just my two cents.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Definitely not. Great for writing and surfing and everything in between. You just need to figure out where it fits into your lifestyle. Nothing is useless if you find a use for it...which is self explanatory and a given but oh well, just my two cents.

‘Nuf said....

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I completely disagree with your opinion. I have a Windows desktop PC, a cellular iPad Mini 4, and use an Android phone and my iPad fills the role of a laptop as well. In addition, I watch a lot of videos online and read articles, so tablets are great for media consumption. I actually prefer doing these on a tablet, rather than on my phone. Android tablets however, are definitely declining because Android for tablets is not getting the same tablet optimization like iPads are, but I still think tablets in general are great. I do understand that you no longer need one, but it's not the same for everyone.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
It (the post) is trolling but I see it two ways.

Sitting in an small enterprises's (750 employees) top IT admin seat I can't say tablets and iPads especially are useless or junk. As I type there's an iPad at the checkout lane of our 3 grocery stores, our cafes, and in the hands of our delivery staff, order pickers and logistics people. Add 4 at every location the are dedicated to employee training. Beyond software utility I still have 5-6 year old purchases that are useful and repairable.

As a true power user and one who needs a general purpose computer my MacBooks with Windows VMs and my plus sized phone are vital tools. Careful analysis of the iPad Pro and Surface left little use for the Pro model but I deploy Surface family products.

Even with my second paragraph I've found the current just "iPad" to be a great info reader and now at a price point I wish we had earlier. The current Apple mobile OS has also aided the functionality of their tablets.

They've certainly been useful but the Android tablets have not at all been in the league of Apple and Microsoft mobile whether it's apps, hardware or life span. That might bother some brand fans but it's true in my enterprise and personal experience.

Observing the octogenarian grandmas in our families is another argument for tablets as useful.

I'll agree with the OP if it's that a tablet is not really a general purpose computer but not on useless or crappy as a category.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I disagree with the OP. I have been without a laptop at home for 2+ years. I have been able to do everything on my Air 2, and use a bluetooth keyboard when I need to type a document.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey so what kind of keyboards do you guys use when using the iPad Pro? just about to buy one but not really interested in ASK.

The Apple wireless keyboards that come with iMacs seem to work well with all iPads and they’re also items some want to get rid of. Of course they’re not really intended for travel.

When I’ve done product analysis my conclusion was get Apple’s Smart Cover and Pencil if you’re paying the price for the Pro.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey so what kind of keyboards do you guys use when using the iPad Pro? just about to buy one but not really interested in ASK.
Up until recently, I was using the Apple Smart Keyboard. Now, however, I use the Brydge Bluetooth keyboard, and thus far, I like it a lot. It’s sturdy, accurate and responsive and doubles as a hard cover for my iPad Pro.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Nothing better than an iPad while laying in bed or on the couch! Pretty much has made my desktop obsolete!

I agree with that. There are still things that I absolutely need my MacBook for but for the majority of my daily tasks my iPad Pro works great. I find the experience on my iPad overall to be better than whatever I would be doing on my MacBook.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Being a pro a/v integrator, I can take my 9.7" IPP and take a picture of a wall and show a customer what the finished project might look like. My tablet is far from useless.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
We have been caring for my husband's Mother who is under Hospice Palliative care at home. Her medication schedule is insane, and very hard to figure out. My husband and I have used an app to set up a schedule that alarms when she is due to take something. His brother, who is not at all familiar with technology of any kind has embraced this App, and has learned to use it quite well. He was just saying last night that the iPad is the next best thing since sliced bread!

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
My 2017 iPad is my preferred device at home,in fact in my case it is more the iPhone which seems to me to be loaded with redundant features that I don’t use, and that the tablet does better.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2