Tablets are completely useless/crap and pointless!!

ShaunAFC3

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Now we use our 5.1 to 6 inches smartphones every single day as our computers and of course laptops and desktops for heavy duty work like video editing, 3D work if neaded but there is tablets like the iPad and Android tablets which they are only giant smartphones with out the calling feature.

I use to love tablets and was a huge fan of them and they was my main computer but my opinion has completely changed about tablets after I got my Samsung Galaxy S6 phone that has a amazing 5.1 inche display and have been using it for over a week now and it is a beast of a smartphone haha!! :D :D

Now I don't really think tablets especially the iPads, Android tablets are not that good anymore because they are just like my Galaxy S6 but just have a bigger screen and set it and they don't offer tablet features that is not available on there smartphone counterparts or anything different.

And there are lots of people(including me) that thought tablets are the future and will kill the Laptop and desktop but as it turns out so far it seems completely the opposite way round the laptops are killing the tablets and by that I means hybrids(just basically glorified laptops) Surface Pro 4, Acer Alpha Switch 12 and HP Spectre X2 and lots more and many more people are buying hybrids to replace there old tablets(rather then replacing with a newer tablet) and sales figures from sales reporters like IDC proves that and the tablet sales including the iPad are declining just like netbooks did and usage of iPads are going down as well, So People are using there tablets less and less and not buying them which it is terrible news for the tablet market and tablets manufacturers like Apple/Samsung/LG/Google more.

And to make things 20 times worse so far this year in 2016 big tablet makers like Samsung, Sony and Google haven't announced and released there high end/flagship tablets yet, not surprised tbh, they will never be able to make money out of them anymore and I am sure Apple will abandon there iPads in the future because of the poor terrible sales and the people are not buying and using them anymore.

And all so it does not help that tablet makers like Samsung, HP, Lenovo are focusing making hybrids just glorified laptops with a ability to use it as a tablet) like the Surface Pro 4 then stand along/pure tablets like the iPad, a Galaxy Tab S2, Things are definitely looking terrible for the tablet market.

So after getting my Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone and been using it for just over a week now, After 3/4 years of using giant smartphones(tablets), I won't be using them anymore and I will just buy a laptop and use my smartphone Galaxy S6 in the future.

In my honest opinion about giant smartphones(tablets), I think tablets are completely useless, crap and pointless because the phones we have are good enough and big enough and still very portable and on the other hand laptops are very portable and very powerful which tablets like the iPad and Android tablets will never have that appeal anymore and hopefully due to the declining sales tablets will definitely become obsolete just like the netbooks did a few years ago!!!

I really hope tablets like the huge IPhone(oops I mean the iPad) and Android tablets die and disappear in the future just like netbooks did(a few years ago).

Anyone think tablets are completely useless and pointless now?? Do you agree or disagree?? And who wants my [redacted] haha?? :D :D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I disagree that "tablets" are completely useless. Are there people who think they are? Of course, but do they represent the whole? No, they do not.

sweeperdk

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
105c21ca161246664afbc27d866c723e.jpg

This is my main computer. It does roughly 99% of what I need it to do.

My phone is good, but it cannot beat my iPad.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Tablets will never be a laptop substitute. It's totally different usage (at least for me).

Although I used big screen phone, I still need my ipad to read ebooks, and sometimes watch movie.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Tablets have their use. Many people are using them on a daily basis instead of a computer. Some people just don't require a laptop for simple things like web browsing, emails and text. I use mine for just that and the odd book to read or movie to watch.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Tablets have their use. Many people are using them on a daily basis instead of a computer. Some people just don't require a laptop for simple things like web browsing, emails and text. I use mine for just that and the odd book to read or movie to watch.
That's the same thing I use my tablet for. 😊

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Won't say they are useless. While at home I use my iPad far more than my phone most of the time. It does everything my phone can do and more.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
It's always good to have choices when it comes to devices. Personally, I've stop using tablets since I first got my 6 plus about 2 years ago, but lately I'm considering the biggest screen iPad mainly because I want to use it as an extended portable screen with my MacBook to enhance my work flow.
iPad sit in-between laptop and mobile phone, and there are things you can not do comfortably both in your iPhone and in your laptop that the iPad can handle with ease such as quick edit photos, browsing, YouTube, and even gaming. So tablet are certainly not for everyone, but it does have a use that people who are interested can make out of it.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I totally disagree about tablets "being useless." I use my iPad mini 2 on a daily basis. Yes, I debated for the longest time against buying an iPad because I have my phone, but I definitely don't regret my purchase. I get plenty of use out of it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I can't say I agree with anything that was said by the OP. It's okay to not personally find a use for a tablet, but calling them "useless crap" is just ridiculous. I have an iPad Pro and a MacBook Pro. My iPad gets a heck of a lot more use.
701b93fe8875a75abba173c990c1de63.jpg

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
That's just silly, for those of us who don't want to use a phablet/surfboard in everyday life because they're too clumsy to cart about,A tablet using similar formats to your mobile but bigger is easily the most comfortable home internet device.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
OP forgot to include 'in my opinion' in his topic title. Having said that, I somewhat agree with him. I find myself using either my phone or MacBook most of the time. I rarely use my iPad. Usually when I do use the iPad, it is only because the iPhone is on the charger. That's just me though. I wouldn't dream of saying a tablet is pointless for somebody else.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't have much use for them, and I've had one in the past. Many people seem to find them uselfull though. Otherwise they wouldn't be selling them.

Alanhd

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I use my my laptop 17", my iPad Pro 9.7 and also my Galaxy S7e daily, sometimes I'm on all 3 at the same time doing stuff. Each has there uses and non would be able to replace the other totally.

Libra Dragon 64

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I have a disability that means I am often confined to bed. My iPad is a lifesaver and has helped my stay sane at some terribly low points in my life. I use it everyday and couldn't be without it now.

MANthrax

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
5.1" lol that's funny small. I've had the Samsung MEGA 6.3 since the day it came out and switched carriers to get it. I really don't want to go smaller but the OEM's in their wisdom have decided 5" to 5.7" is the sweet spot for phone size. Bigger is always better as long as its manageable. Once you use it you become accustomed to it. And at 6.3" you can do minimal work on it enough to get by until you can get to your laptop and that's it. Why would you need a tablet. Sure, if you have money to burn why not have tablets laying around the house. Otherwise I agree with you. Really there is no use. I suppose if you're retired and don't do anything but bill pay, watch some videos, and maybe some games. Save your money and put it toward a PC tablet or Macbook.

perd hapley

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Tablets are for consumption and very convenient. I have hundreds of e-books and prefer to read them on my iPad as opposed to my phone or laptop/desktop.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Tablets are for consumption and very convenient. I have hundreds of e-books and prefer to read them on my iPad as opposed to my phone or laptop/desktop.

It can easily be argued that iPads are used for more than consumption. I produce way more than I consume on my 12.9" Pro.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73