So, I buy broken Ipads as parts to fix up and sell and such. I bought a lot of ipads off ebay, most didnt work at all, which is fine, but I have 2 that do work except they are locked to some company. It says they have been configured by said company and need username and password to use. I have tried everything to restore to factory reset but it doesnt work. It keeps saying it can not download the configuration file. I can post pics if needed. I called Apple, they basically wont help me other than me being able to send to them for a ridiculous price. If worst comes to worst I will scrap for parts but they seem to be fine just unable to reset or restore or anything. If someone could point me into the right direction I would be highly appreciative of it
    09-22-2015 08:08 PM
    Like Apple, there is nothing we can do in regard to the working iPads you mentioned. They are clearly locked to a certain account and only the associated client can unlock it. It's similar to the iCloud activation lock. There is not bypassing it.
    09-22-2015 09:15 PM
    No way at all? I mean I have the company name on them, its a fake company. It doesnt exist. How do they become locked? Where do you lock an IPAD like this in the settings? I am just curious as I have never seen anything like it. But thank you for the answer. I guess they become parts
    09-23-2015 03:32 PM
    No way at all? I mean I have the company name on them, its a fake company. It doesnt exist. How do they become locked? Where do you lock an IPAD like this in the settings? I am just curious as I have never seen anything like it. But thank you for the answer. I guess they become parts
    The device was locked possibly via iCloud or via the Apple configurator, but I can't say for certain. What is certain is that you will not be able to bypass it.
    09-23-2015 07:17 PM