Ipad problem I have never seen

Ipadhelp21

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
So, I buy broken Ipads as parts to fix up and sell and such. I bought a lot of ipads off ebay, most didnt work at all, which is fine, but I have 2 that do work except they are locked to some company. It says they have been configured by said company and need username and password to use. I have tried everything to restore to factory reset but it doesnt work. It keeps saying it can not download the configuration file. I can post pics if needed. I called Apple, they basically wont help me other than me being able to send to them for a ridiculous price. If worst comes to worst I will scrap for parts but they seem to be fine just unable to reset or restore or anything. If someone could point me into the right direction I would be highly appreciative of it

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like Apple, there is nothing we can do in regard to the working iPads you mentioned. They are clearly locked to a certain account and only the associated client can unlock it. It's similar to the iCloud activation lock. There is not bypassing it.

Ipadhelp21

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
No way at all? I mean I have the company name on them, its a fake company. It doesnt exist. How do they become locked? Where do you lock an IPAD like this in the settings? I am just curious as I have never seen anything like it. But thank you for the answer. I guess they become parts :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No way at all? I mean I have the company name on them, its a fake company. It doesnt exist. How do they become locked? Where do you lock an IPAD like this in the settings? I am just curious as I have never seen anything like it. But thank you for the answer. I guess they become parts :)

The device was locked possibly via iCloud or via the Apple configurator, but I can't say for certain. What is certain is that you will not be able to bypass it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2