Supposedly they are thinking about using it for the faster data transfers and easier ways to use stuff like mouse , keyboards and etc. Personally I think using micro usb is the best for all products imo since I already using android and there cheaper . Bought a 2 meter lightning cable for $30

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-05-2015 02:26 PM
    MicroUSB connectors are one of the most common points of failure on small electronics of all kinds that use them... if USB 3.0 goes with a connector more like the lightning connector - I can see it happening.
    03-05-2015 02:31 PM
    MicroUSB connectors are one of the most common points of failure on small electronics of all kinds that use them... if USB 3.0 goes with a connector more like the lightning connector - I can see it happening.
    I did have an issue with a Samsung Galaxy S2 that I had but other then that every phone has been fine . I just want micro usb as the standard simply because cables are cheaper and I have a ton anyways . Game console controllers use them now , android , windows and blackberry use them , and other devices use it .

If Apple didn't overcharge for 2 meter cables I would feel a bit different.

As far as the iPad pro rumor I think it's a good idea to use usb 3.0 because of how versatile it is with devices like mice and faster data transfers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-05-2015 04:11 PM