Is my iPad Air unlocked?

caiban1234

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I have bought ipad air on ebay (model ME999LL/A). The seller advertised this ipad is unlocked.
After receiving ipad, i have called to Apple and gave them serial number to check. They said this ipad is not unlocked yet and still with Verizon.
Then i used sim card from my iphone 6 (with AT&T) to test the ipad and i was able to receive LTE and browsed internet normally.

My question is : is my ipad unlocked ? If not, i will return them.
My ultimate goal is giving this ipad to my friend in Vietnam, if so, will this ipad works with 3G GSM network over there?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: i dont know if my ipad air is unlocked or not

I believe Verizon devices are GSM unlocked... so you're OK... But I don't think you'd be able to activate it on Sprint...

caiban1234

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: i dont know if my ipad air is unlocked or not

Thanks, i have contacted Sprint. After giving them IMEI number, they said that my ipad is ready to activate with sprint.
But then i told Sprint receptionist that this ipad original from verizon, then she said the policy not allow my ipad to activate with Sprint and she recommend me to trade in.
i am not gonna use this ipad with any provider in USA, Hopefully, it can work with 3G GSM in Vietnam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2