So I'm normally a huge android fanboy, been that way for past 5 years. Last ios device I owned was a 3gs.

I decided I would give the iPad a shot since I've been wanting to upgrade my Nexus 7.

I know that iPad apps are just so much more optimized for the tablet and I'm trying to be open minded.

My planned usage will be 90% for media (movies, TV shows, youtube) and 10% social media and browsing (twitter, instagram, google+)

I would like to know which apps are "must have" for my usage. Also, is it worth jailbreaking the device and installing cydia?

I always root and unlock every android device I've owned bc I'm a tinkerer at heart.

I will recieve mu device Saturday. It will be a 64gb version and I got the magic case and another slim fold case from finite on amazon.

Thanks in advance.
    11-06-2014 09:28 PM
    Hey good luck with the iPad. You really named all the essentials for what your interested in accept Netflix. That's one I always have on my iPad for vacationing and what not. If you liked to root your android then you would probably enjoy jailbreak once it is available for iOS 8. Which it may already be im not sure I don't normally jailbreak
    11-06-2014 09:33 PM
    Hey good luck with the iPad. You really named all the essentials for what your interested in accept Netflix. That's one I always have on my iPad for vacationing and what not. If you liked to root your android then you would probably enjoy jailbreak once it is available for iOS 8. Which it may already be im not sure I don't normally jailbreak
    No longer a customer of Netflix. I cod never find anything decent.. Although I do have HBO Go, showtime od, and Amazon prime.
    I also have a ton of Torrent movies and shows home that I plan on using.

Does ios have vlc player?
    11-06-2014 09:53 PM
    Double post sorry
    Last edited by FormerIphoney; 11-07-2014 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Double post sorry
    11-07-2014 05:25 AM
    No longer a customer of Netflix. I cod never find anything decent.. Although I do have HBO Go, showtime od, and Amazon prime.
    I also have a ton of Torrent movies and shows home that I plan on using.

Does ios have vlc player?
    Yes, I'm using vlc on my iPad
    11-08-2014 05:43 AM
    Yes, I'm using vlc on my iPad
    Can you please share which one it is? I'm only seeing vlc streamer in the app store,thanks.
    11-11-2014 07:28 AM