Hello iMore.
    Just purchased a new iPad Air and iPad mini w/ Retina, and I know I probably should have waiting for the new ones... *sigh*
    But just wanted to get a general idea of how long do you guys wait until you upgrade your iPad to the latest model?
    06-21-2014 11:51 PM
    My first iPad was the 3, which I got about a month after release, and I updated to the rMini as soon as it was released. So that's almost 2 years. I didn't upgrade because I wanted something new, I upgraded because I needed a smaller/light iPad. If the 3 wasn't so heavy, I would of waited a little longer. For me, a new iPad every year isn't necessary. Now phones are a different story LOL
    ladyc0524 and Arktos like this.
    06-22-2014 01:39 AM
    It takes about 3-5 liquor stores, or 7-11's before I have enough to get a new iPad ...
    06-22-2014 03:14 AM
    I purchased an iPad 2 around launch and am still using it today. I would like to upgrade to a Mini with retina display, but I'm saving my cash for whatever Apple rolls out at the next iPhone Keynote. That said, my wife has an Air and it's absolutely a worthy upgrade.
    nikkisharif and taz323 like this.
    06-22-2014 10:10 AM
    I bought the iPad 2 in November 2011. Bought the iPad 4 last year in July. I don't see the need to upgrade anytime soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-22-2014 10:42 AM
    Have the iPad 4, been very happy with it, skipped The iPad Air, and will waite and see whats to comes, If the new features interest me enough i will trade if not, I'm still happy.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-22-2014 10:48 AM
    I keep my iPad(s) until there’s a compelling reason to upgrade. I get a new iPhone every year, but not so for the iPad. I purchased my original iPad in July, 2010, and kept it until last year when I upgraded to the retina Mini.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-22-2014 11:37 AM
    I've got a new iPad every year except the iPad 2. I doubt I will get another this year because touch ID is not compelling to me on iPad since I use the leather smart case and I want my iPad to wake and be open when I open my cover. I don't need the same type of security for iPad as I do iPhone.
    nikkisharif and andrwstw like this.
    06-22-2014 11:46 AM
    I still use my iPad 2. My plan was to get an iPad Air but I want Touch ID on my iPad also so I'm waiting it out to see if that happens with the next one.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums
    06-22-2014 06:17 PM
    I bought the first gen ipad shortly after it came out. I resisted the second gen and jumped on the third gen. Then that became outdated quick with the 4. I resisted. I did get a mini because I have issues... I sold both tho when the air came out had now have that.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-22-2014 06:19 PM
    I still use my iPad 2. My plan was to get an iPad Air but I want Touch ID on my iPad also so I'm waiting it out to see if that happens with the next one.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums
    I never thought I would care about Touch ID on my rMini until the thing never unlocks with my finger LOL. I'm so use to it on my 5S, I forget its not on my rMini every time. I still doubt if I'll upgrade because its not a necessity, its just a convenience.
    anon4757448 likes this.
    06-22-2014 07:02 PM
    I've been replacing my iPads every year. Sell the old and use that money toward the new(Currently using on the iPad Air 128gb Wifi/LTE). I do like the Touch ID on my 5s so I'm kind of thinking about getting the new one. I was on the fence of going back to a Mini but hopefully the 5.5 inch iPhone 6 comes out and will stick with that and my Air.
    06-22-2014 07:47 PM
    Hello iMore.
    Just purchased a new iPad Air and iPad mini w/ Retina, and I know I probably should have waiting for the new ones... *sigh*
    But just wanted to get a general idea of how long do you guys wait until you upgrade your iPad to the latest model?
    I wait until the tech guy at the school where I teach sends me an email telling me to bring the iPad I'm using to his office because he has a new one for me.

Seriously...regardless of whether it is a phone, tablet, computer, etc.. I never chase technology. No matter what item you're purchasing, the next and greatest version is in the pipeline. If I'm ready for a new or different device I purchase what I like now. Be happy with what your new purchase and enjoy using it.
    06-23-2014 01:01 PM
    Until my iPad doesn't support the newest iOS
    mommybetts likes this.
    06-23-2014 01:04 PM
    I've been replacing my iPads every year. Sell the old and use that money toward the new(Currently using on the iPad Air 128gb Wifi/LTE). I do like the Touch ID on my 5s so I'm kind of thinking about getting the new one. I was on the fence of going back to a Mini but hopefully the 5.5 inch iPhone 6 comes out and will stick with that and my Air.
    How much does the 128 gb cost
    06-23-2014 01:05 PM
    How much does the 128 gb cost
    iPad Air 128GB option starts at $799 USD for WiFi only and $929 USD for WiFi and Cellular.

On the topic of the thread, I have had my iPad 2 since release and will probably keep it until this fall when I purchase a new iPad most likely.
    06-23-2014 01:14 PM
    I have an iPad 3 that may be replaced by one of the newer models this fall. Damn thing weighs a ton compared to the iPad Air, but it still works well. Recently bought a Kindle Fire HDX and am pleasantly surprised at the light weight today's tablets can achieve.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    06-23-2014 02:07 PM
    I have the iPad Air. Had the 4, 3, and 2. I will not be upgrading this time around though. I think that the Air is giving me everything I need right now. I couldn't ask for anything more. It has been perfect.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.
    06-23-2014 05:54 PM
    I purchased an iPad 2 around launch and am still using it today. I would like to upgrade to a Mini with retina display, but I'm saving my cash for whatever Apple rolls out at the next iPhone Keynote. That said, my wife has an Air and it's absolutely a worthy upgrade.

Exactly where I am too, although I'll probably get an Air (or the next iteration equivalent) when my iPad 2 finally gives up the ghost.
    06-23-2014 06:02 PM
    I have an original iPad, ipad 2, original mini and a retina mini

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    06-24-2014 02:27 PM
    I tell myself I don't need the latest iThang, and then launch day I am waiting on a delivery. I have each iPad from the original to iPad 3. Skipped 4th gen and have iPad Air. I wish I could say that this will last me for a few more year, but I know I will hand the credit card over to have the opportunity to be the first one on the block to have the latest whatever iThang they're selling.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.
    06-24-2014 05:18 PM
    I have an original iPad, ipad 2, original mini and a retina mini

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    You keep your iPads?

I normally sell my existing iPad then buy the desired one..
    AlexJ92 likes this.
    06-24-2014 07:50 PM
    I was given my iPad mini by my lovely girlfriend for christmas the year it came out. I was blown away by its beauty and productivity. It truly is the right shape, size and feel for a tablet. Now however I am starting to feel the screen quality could be better. But what do i do, keep the one I have and by a new one or sell it and buy a new one or finally stay as i am. It is a big of a naughty thing to consider, cheating on my girlfriends gift. What would you do? I have had this thing for a number of years by now and could do with an upgrade, however I do enjoy an iPhone 6 since launch day this year.
    10-06-2014 04:46 PM
    Let's see.

I had the original iPad, then that was stolen. Got a used iPad 2, Fall 2012. That broke in Fall 2013. Gave the brokenscreened wreck to a cousin to get a new 2 at replacement price.

Bought an Air that was maxed out then -- 128 GB plus LTE. Still using that.

So I guess I average a new iPad every eighteen months? But would prefer to upgrade every 2-3 years. I just happened to have had two incidents (theft, drop) that made it make sense for me to get a new one.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    10-17-2014 07:04 PM
    if I can a couple of years.
    10-23-2014 05:59 AM
68 123