iPad iTunes and App Store

Kaushik Dash

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am a regular over at wp central and I recently got hold of this iPad for my grandmother.

I was looking around for apps and I accidentally bought two of them amounting to $6.29 (woops). My uncle's credit card is linked to my grand mothers apple Id. My question is how do I remove the credit card details from that apple ID such that no cases like this happen in the future. Also, is there any way to get refund for my uncles credit card? It was all an accident. :(

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am a regular over at wp central and I recently got hold of this iPad for my grandmother.

I was looking around for apps and I accidentally bought two of them amounting to $6.29 (woops). My uncle's credit card is linked to my grand mothers apple Id. My question is how do I remove the credit card details from that apple ID such that no cases like this happen in the future. Also, is there any way to get refund for my uncles credit card? It was all an accident. :(

You could try emailing iTunes and explain and plead your case, but it's not likely to work. Apple does have safeguards now that asks if your sure you want to purchase an app. They also explain about accidental purchases by children and how to get refunds for those. But you're likely stuck. How did you not see that those apps were paid apps? You will have to explain to your uncle and offer to pay him the cost of the apps.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Kaushik Dash

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Those apps were already installed in the iPad, i had uninstalled them long ago, as far as I know those apps were apparently bought by my uncle using his id (don't ask how). When I tried to install them again (it says buy too in wp but you can install it for free if you have already paid for it), they installed and I don't think it asked me anything but today suddenly i saw an email in iPad from iTunes that 6.20$ had been deducted.

Ludatyk

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Apple is very understanding in terms of accidental purchases. I've been rewarded with refunds due to accidents, as long as you don't make a habit of it.. Then it's fine.

But as far as I know if you remove the credit card you'll have to replace it with another.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I once bought an album on iTunes and for some reason it had me buy it twice. So I was out an extra 10 bucks. I had zero dollars on my card at the time. So rather than pay for something twice I just made another Apple ID (because the old one kept asking me to sign it to verify my billing or some crap) and have been using that one since. I never thought to email apple for a refund. I just thought I was screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73