You are correct. In my case I tether with my iPhone, so I always have a connection available.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    07-24-2014 04:41 PM
    I've never owned any device with more than 16gb of storage. For me extra storage is not worth the premium and I've gotten quite used to optimizing my device operations to be compatible with my 16gb of storage. The cloud is your friend. But if you do download lots of large games and absolutely need to store a bunch of movies on there, and even that if that's worth spending $100 more for a 32gb, that's up to you. For me I don't do those things. I keep music and if I do store a movie I just delete it.

In the end, you gotta take all those factors and do what's right for you

Posted via iMore App
    07-24-2014 06:47 PM
    I originally bought the 16GB iPad mini with Retina Display, but took it back a week later when I had a bit more cash and upgraded to the 32GB (also upgraded to Cellular).

For me the 16GB version just wasn't big enough, especially when you consider that you only have about 12GB to play with after iOS, formatting, etc.

iPad mini with Retina Display
    32GB, White, Wi-Fi+4G
    iOS 7.1.1
    07-27-2014 01:43 AM
    I got the 16G and it wasn't enough for me. If I'm on travel I can only have about three or four movies.

Next one I'll get bigger capacity.
    07-27-2014 06:37 AM
    For an iPad I think I could manage with 16gb because I use my for streaming video and reading
    07-27-2014 07:14 AM
    For an iPad I think I could manage with 16gb because I use my for streaming video and reading
    I bought a 16 GB last year. With so many apps being 1-2 GB's now, it didn't work for me. This year I bought a 32GB and it works fine. I use iTunes Match for my music so I don't need to load my 25 GB music library on it.
    07-27-2014 11:57 AM
    My first one iPad 2 was 16 gb, it wasn't quite enough, so my Air is 32 which is plenty for me.

I do regret not getting the LTE however.
    07-27-2014 12:24 PM
    The iPad 2 I purchased years back was a 16 GB model and it was plenty for me, however, the iPad Mini that I currently have is a 64 GB model and I'm not even close to filling it up. Depending on your usage, a 16 GB model could be sufficient, but if you can swing it, opt to get the 32 or higher, just in case...
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 07-28-2014 at 10:17 PM.
    07-27-2014 01:08 PM
    All my iDevices have been 16GB. I just got the Air, also 16, and it's fine for my usage. If I were to store movies, then I'd definitely had gone with 64 or higher.

_-TechnologyTwitt_-
    ------------------------
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-28-2014 10:13 PM
    I got the 16G and it wasn't enough for me. If I'm on travel I can only have about three or four movies.

Next one I'll get bigger capacity.
    This is the one and only reason I got a larger capacity iPad: traveling. I don't watch movies on my iPad because the resolution just doesn't work for me for extended movie watching and I don't play games on it as I find 9.7" too large for a handheld gaming device (I prefer 7" or lower and really mostly rely on actual handheld consoles).

Despite all this, I got the 32 GB version because I travel quite a bit and a lot of the places I visit there's just no ready access to internet and forget about tethering my phone, it gets expensive when the only way to get mobile data is by buying cards. Last time I traveled, my iPad held 20GB of HD comics and some magazines and miscellaneous apps. I held on to my kindle strictly for books, battery life, and the fact that no matter where I've traveled to so far, Amazon free 3G seems to always be available to me so I always have access to my library.

I went through all my comics in less than a week though and started wishing I had bought a 64GB iPad. Glad I didn't though because since I've been back in the U.S. my used space has remained at a rock steady 10.1GB. To me it was worth the extra money for more space even though it's only useful twice or three times a year.
    07-30-2014 11:55 PM
    My iPad mini was 16 GB. I like to store a lot of TV show episodes on my iPad so 16GB was a tight squeeze for me. However you can still fit quite a bit on there. I had about 10 games, my entire kindle and comic collection on there but I could only fit a few TV shows on there.

I got 32GB for my iPad Air and so far it's been enough for me.

I use Netflix, Amazon prime and other Streaming sites. I also stream my music from the cloud and use a wireless device to stream other video content. I think 16GB is manageable if you have good access to a good wifi connection. A few years ago I would have said no but streaming services have improved.

Sent from my iPod touch using iMore Forums
    08-15-2014 12:26 PM
    I have a 16gb mini retina, and it's perfect. I have the cellular version, and don't store much on the device, so paying for the extra memory was unnecessary for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-24-2014 10:46 PM
    I had a ipad mini 1 with 16 gb and for me it was great! And i just bought the ipad air space grey 16 gb and gave the mini to my mom... My iphone 5s is 32gb where i have all my music, my ipad just use it for other stuff no music
    08-25-2014 01:17 PM
    well for me this is the first time here in this forums, and the first time that I would buy an Ipad Air, but I'm between the 16gb vs 32gb. first i really dont like to play games on a tablet, I mostly used for music, some pictures and reading magazines, what model anyone could recommend? thank you so much for your help.
    08-26-2014 01:01 AM
    I had iPhone 4 16GB, i managed with it. Now with retina display and each app usually being 1GB due to better screen resolution and better camera. Hence i bought iPhone 5 32GB and iPad 32GB and happy with both. 16Gb is good but its always better to have some space extra as I never carry an additional camera when i travel. iPhone is my camera and i don't wanna think about space before clicking a pic.
    08-26-2014 02:52 AM
    Lol the iPad I had in the original post actually got stolen from someone at my work. Now I actually have a 32 GB and I'm so much happier with it
    Closingracer likes this.
    03-08-2015 01:59 AM
    I got a 16GB Air 2 because it was only $400 brand new, still sealed on eBay. The cheapest brand new 64GB I could find was still well over $550, so I saved over $150 getting the 16GB.

I'm doing fine with it. I knew I could manage it because my 5s is also 16GB. Since I stream all my music from Google Play Music, don't store any movies on my iPad, and don't really play games, it's easy enough to manage. I still have 6.6GB free.
    Closingracer likes this.
    03-08-2015 03:22 PM
    I got a 16GB Air 2 because it was only $400 brand new, still sealed on eBay. The cheapest brand new 64GB I could find was still well over $550, so I saved over $150 getting the 16GB.

I'm doing fine with it. I knew I could manage it because my 5s is also 16GB. Since I stream all my music from Google Play Music, don't store any movies on my iPad, and don't really play games, it's easy enough to manage. I still have 6.6GB free.
    You have an iPhone and an iPad and use google play music?? Haha. That's actually awesome.
    03-09-2015 12:38 AM
    You have an iPhone and an iPad and use google play music?? Haha. That's actually awesome.
    What's the alternative? iTunes Match? It's a paid service and doesn't let me stream music I don't own. Beats? Nope. I could do Spotify, but I was already using Google's free version of Play Music.
    03-10-2015 12:07 PM

Why is it shocking? Got my friend who doesn't have an iPad but only iPhone to get to use google play music . The best part is that it has a feature like spotify with all access where you can stream any music in their library and you also get a locker for 50,000 songs of your own you can put up. Plus any music you buy on Google doesn't count toward this 50,000 count. So for example since Taylor Swift decided to take herself off the streaming service ( her older albums are on Google play music but not her new album) you can buy the album and add it yourself to your Google play library. I've added soundtracks of videogames that I have bought like for halo reach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-10-2015 01:58 PM
    I bought the 64gb iPad Air wifi and while it was ok I wanted the 128gb but wasn't willing to spend $800 for it. Fast forward to the iPad Air 2 I got the 128gb and cellular for $30 more then the $128gb Air 1 wifi model. And love it and wish it had more space. I have like 300gb of free storage between iCloud , Dropbox , box , and one drive but I prefer to have local storage and can't stream movies in the subway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-10-2015 02:01 PM
    I bought the 16gb iPad Air -- I usually stick with the lowest storage space on the iPad and iPhone. The reason being is that I have an iPod for music and I stream all my video content on the iPad (Netflix, watch ESPN, wwe network, mlb at bat, YouTube, ect). If I am going to watch movies at home it will be by streaming to the play station from my laptop or via Apple TV. I use the iPad for web browsing, checking email, sports (scores and watching live), a couple games, YouTube and messaging/phone calls at home. So for my needs the 16gb works exceptionally well and a high storage options would have been a waste of money.

Plus, the money I saved will go to buying a better spec'd MacBook in the near future. I feel like a laptop is something I will keep for 4-5 yrs (as opposed to 2-3 that I would keep the iPad) so the extra money would be a better benefit there.
    03-20-2015 05:37 PM
47 12