Anyone That Has Multiple iPads Any Generation - Which Is Your Favorite And Why?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I only have the iPad 2 Mini with Retina display so it it is not hard to figure why I like it, Besides the display, The Speed and components. What about all of you with families that have multiple iPads?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I had the first gen and the third gen as well as the original mini. Right now I have the air and love it. So light and easy to hold. So far it's my favorite. For now...

michmarch

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I had the iPad 2 and bought the Air this past December. The visuals are remarkably better on the Air. But, I am having issue with the Air that I never experienced on my iPad 2. When typing numbers, usually in a form of some type, it ALWAYS selects different numbers than what I typed. If I attempt to key an "8", it will hit the "7", "9" or "&". I have to back space and try at least 1 or 2 times before it hits the correct character. I also get kicked out of Google Search and the internet at least 3 times daily. I go back in, then it is fine.

Simple fixes, but very annoying!!! Can not find out why or if anyone else has these issues.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I had the iPad 2 and bought the Air this past December. The visuals are remarkably better on the Air. But, I am having issue with the Air that I never experienced on my iPad 2. When typing numbers, usually in a form of some type, it ALWAYS selects different numbers than what I typed. If I attempt to key an "8", it will hit the "7", "9" or "&". I have to back space and try at least 1 or 2 times before it hits the correct character. I also get kicked out of Google Search and the internet at least 3 times daily. I go back in, then it is fine.

Simple fixes, but very annoying!!! Can not find out why or if anyone else has these issues.

Make sure "Airdrop" is set to "Off" and then try typing again to see if that helps.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Might be an issue with the software, you can try restoring if what D suggested doesn't work.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
With multiple iPads in our home the consensus is the iPad Air is the lightest and by far the fastest :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

So that is your answer as to what is your favorite iPad if you own multiple ones and why??

etamayomobile

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Been user of iPad 2, New iPad and now iPad Air, my favorite is, by far, the iPad Air, regarding the size is easier to hold, the weight doesn't hurt my hands and the speed is noticeable much better.

Now, the Smart Case is a story for another thread.

sinfool

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I have an ipad3 and the mini2. Even though the mini2 is faster, I still use the larger ipad3 more. I use the mini2 in the car. If I needed to purchase a single new iPad, I would go with the Air.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPad 3 & a rMini & I use my rMini more. Can't stand the heft of the 3. I got my mom an Air & I personally still prefer my rMini because it's just so small & convenient. I'm not interested in the additional real estate.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have had all except ipad 3 and iPad mini 2 ..

I like my air but sometimes the mini is easier to use sometime I think my ipad 4 felt more solid .. Better constructed but that prob was just from The weight of it

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I have had all except ipad 3 and iPad mini 2 ..

I like my air but sometimes the mini is easier to use sometime I think my ipad 4 felt more solid .. Better constructed but that prob was just from The weight of it

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

I've noticed as well that as much as I like my Air that the Mini 2 is more convenient.

Sent from my ME308LL/A ⚫

DanielSwanborough

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPad 3rd Gen, and my Dad has a 2nd Gen, I think there is a noticeable difference between the two. I am thinking about upgrading to an iPad Air or Retina Mini soon, which one do you guys suggest?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner