Anyone That Has Multiple iPads Any Generation - Which Is Your Favorite And Why?

DanielSwanborough

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes they do but the color on the Air is indeed better, as good as the Mini 2 is.

Sent from my ME308LL/A ⚫

Interesting...I haven't noticed a different when using them in an Apple store, I guess I would have to use them day-to-day to be able to tell the difference.

Do you think that is an error in manufacturing, because I think Apple would want the displays to be equally as good?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Interesting...I haven't noticed a different when using them in an Apple store, I guess I would have to use them day-to-day to be able to tell the difference.

Do you think that is an error in manufacturing, because I think Apple would want the displays to be equally as good?

Probably. I noticed my Mini 2 has a slight yellowish tint towards the top left when held in portrait. Most the times I don't even notice it. My Air's display seems truly flawless. ...amazingly flawless.

Sent from my ME308LL/A ⚫

DanielSwanborough

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I can imagine that it would only be a slight error. I hope that Apple will fix this in the future though, I am sure they will

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I think I might get an iPad Air soon

If you're in the market for a tablet either the Air or the Mini2 are the ones to get. The Mini2 feels more portable to me. ...I have them both in Otterboxes which, of course, adds some heft.

Sent from my ME308LL/A ⚫

DanielSwanborough

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I completely agree, I get that the iPad Mini 2 is more portable, but do you find that it is still useful for working on and doing productivity? And watching media?

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I completely agree, I get that the iPad Mini 2 is more portable, but do you find that it is still useful for working on and doing productivity? And watching media?

Oh yes, the Mini 2 will so all those things with aplomb. Having a bigger screen is always nice for viewing media though. If I could only have one tablet it would be the Air, no doubt.

Sent from my ME308LL/A ⚫

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I had the original ipad , u/g to an ipad 4 last fall, but returned it within a couple days. My original ipad was always kept in an smart case, not only did it offer great coverage, but it felt right, when I switch to a 4th gen I bought a smart case but the newer cases have sharper edges...it just didn't feel the same. When I returned the 4th gen, I picked up an iPad Air with the smart case and it feels perfect. Not only are the edges on the case shifter, but the size of the air works perfect for me. I've got a third generation around the house (my wife's ), two ipad minis (my youngest sons original and my oldest child's mini 2 ) but between them all the air feels right.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the 3rd gen iPad and the retina mini. Overall, I prefer the smaller form factor - better portability without sacrificing any of the iPad experience.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I had the original ipad , u/g to an ipad 4 last fall, but returned it within a couple days. My original ipad was always kept in an smart case, not only did it offer great coverage, but it felt right, when I switch to a 4th gen I bought a smart case but the newer cases have sharper edges...it just didn't feel the same. When I returned the 4th gen, I picked up an iPad Air with the smart case and it feels perfect. Not only are the edges on the case shifter, but the size of the air works perfect for me. I've got a third generation around the house (my wife's ), two ipad minis (my youngest sons original and my oldest child's mini 2 ) but between them all the air feels right.

I loved the squared off corners of the OG iPad. I tried playing a game on my Ex's iPad 4 that I've played on my mini many times and the ******* corners dug into my hand. Not good.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Last edited:

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Why do you say that? What makes it better than the Air?

Well in my opinion, it's just the perfect form factor. Easy to put in bag and just take anywhere where as the air seems more suited for a single location use. Plus the retina mini has outstanding battery life, it's so light (even though the air is light too I just can't get over the mini; seems almost like a dummy unit than a real device) and it has an amazing screen. I know the air has better color but I can't even notice really unless I stare at both side by side. It has the same performance as the air too so that closes the gap between them even more. I know that Steve jobs said the form factor of a >10" tablet is useless unless you had sandpaper for your fingers but I've found nothing harder on the mini than the air. The buttons aren't harder too press being smaller etc. . .

I can see how people would prefer the air better but in my opinion I still like the mini is better. Maybe the air is better for typing on because the keys are bigger but that's it.

Probably. I noticed my Mini 2 has a slight yellowish tint towards the top left when held in portrait. Most the times I don't even notice it. My Air's display seems truly flawless. ...amazingly flawless.

Sent from my ME308LL/A ⚫

Taylor Martin from pocketnow has had the same problem on both of his Rminis but I've never noticed this whatsoever.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Last edited:
May 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the first Retina display iPad and now I have the newest iPad Mini with Retina. The older, full iPad was too heavy to read in bed and the iPad mini is just fine. However, I would say that I don't like how small the text tends to be on the mini. Nor do I like how small the screen is for my favorite app, Notability. If I were to buy over again, I would go with the iPad Air. Not too heavy, but full screen. The larger iPad sized keyboard is also a benefit of the larger iPad.

Also, I'm not complaining at all about the iPad Mini. I really do like it. I'm just answering the question.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods