How do you protect your iDevices?

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
If you're anything like some of us a scratch, burr, or the thought of any kind of blemish on your iPhone or iPad is a very distasteful idea and you work to keep your gear in like-new condition.

So how do you protect the display and body of your iOS gear? What cases and screen protectors are you using to keep your gear both protected from life's bumps and bruises yet still stylish. Tell us and if you've got something really slick or unique-ish post a pic!

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I love gear designed to protect My Precious-es, and really am into the glass thing. I love the tempered glass on the iPads and iPhones.

vesavu6u.jpg

he5ybymy.jpg

5ehumapa.jpg

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm loving wallet cases. They make it easy to carry the devices around. I buy the ones with straps so they'll be much harder to just "Snatch" from my hands. I also like that they close in the front so I won't be as concerned with the screen.

Currently the two iPhones and my Note 3 have wallet cases.

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a wallet case on my phone. Only downside is that if I take a picture with the flash on, I have to take it out of the case or else the picture will have a pink hue (that's the color of my case).

This post was made by Tiffany

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm loving wallet cases. They make it easy to carry the devices around. I buy the ones with straps so they'll be much harder to just "Snatch" from my hands. I also like that they close in the front so I won't be as concerned with the screen.

Currently the two iPhones and my Note 3 have wallet cases.

I like the idea of wallet cases, but I haven't found any that I really like. I have used the BookBook case and a few sleeves that had slots for cash and cards. I didn't like the typing experience with the phone in a wallet case. That's why I went to a pouch or sleeve. But then I didn't like taking the phone out of the sleeve all the time. So I just went back to a traditional case.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
For the phones the case has to cover all the top, bottom, and sides. It seems like the wallet cases I've see leave the top and bottom exposed, and therefore, the phones are vulnerable to scratches/damage there.

Munale

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
having dropped one iPhone in the toilet and cracked another on the ground, I'm paranoid schizophrenic when it comes to protecting my phone. have to know where it is at all times. that being said i use a bumper i got for $5 at five below as its not very bulky but has protected my phone very well so far. I've been thinking about one of the leather ones apple makes as they look nice but they are kind of pricey. i only take my phone out of its case when I'm in a controlled environment (no kids, no motion, on a soft couch)

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
No screen protector. I have no scratches on the screen. I do use an Incipio case.

I had a Note 2 that I didn't use a screen protector on that somehow gotta scratch so now I have no choice but to always use some type of screen shield. :-(

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a TPU gel case, generic on my iPhone 5s, and an anti glare screen protector because I hate having see reflections in the hot sun.

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I tend to not worry too much about babying my devices but I do sell my phones about once a year so I do want them to remain as pristine as possible so I use a Zagg full body film protector that covers the back, front and sides of my iPhone. Occasionally I will use a very thin Spiegen case just to make it feel like a different phone but cases don't last long on my phones. I like to see and feel what the designers wanted me to see and feel every time I use the phone.

I'm waiting for phone manufacturers to someday either include a case and screen protector with every phone or make a phone that does not scratch, ding or dent. It's kind of crazy that many people have to go nuts about protecting their devices.

DaMacGuy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I use a ZooGue TPU case on my iPhone with a Power Support antiglare screen protector, and an Invellop folio cover for my iPad mini. I have always used a case because I find the naked devices too slippery. I need something for better grip as well as protection. The ZooGue case is grippy, not sticky, and provides some padding. It's not bulky. Never leave home without it!

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I never leave my devices naked. Before I even take them out of the box to power them on, I put on a screen protector. Lately my top choice is the Spigen UltraCrystal (I haven't liked any of the glass ones). Then I put a Speck Candyshell on. That case has saved my hide so many times. I also use dustplugs in the headphone jack and charging port when I am not using them actively. I carry the whole kit and kaboodle in a padded fabric case I had made from a seller on etsy so it's not flopping around freely in my purse.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Different strokes for different folks. Some want to protect their gear some want to "feel" the build materials.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Funny that's why I'm here today.

I generally keep my ipad Air in a Smart case, it worked well for my first gen iPad. However, Friday is my son's 10th birthday and he is getting a 32 gb iPad Mini Retna, and I have been looking on-line for keyboard cases. He wants a keyboard with it. I came across the clam case pro for the mini that is being launched this month. Anyone had any experience with ClamCase product and their quality? Looks pretty nice.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods