How do you protect your iDevices?

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Funny that's why I'm here today.

I generally keep my ipad Air in a Smart case, it worked well for my first gen iPad. However, Friday is my son's 10th birthday and he is getting a 32 gb iPad Mini Retna, and I have been looking on-line for keyboard cases. He wants a keyboard with it. I came across the clam case pro for the mini that is being launched this month. Anyone had any experience with ClamCase product and their quality? Looks pretty nice.

No I have no experience with that one but I do like the look of the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Folio: https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...io-for-ipad-mini%3Fcrid%3D1240&token=THDNEUEY

or the Logitech Tablet Keyboard for iPad: https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...et-keyboard-ipad%3Fcrid%3D1240&token=-maGPq1U
I'm using this one right now and love it. ...full sized bluetooth keyboard that is just wonderful to type on.

Sent from my MF003LL/A 🔘

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, it depends on how they take care of their things. The Ultrathin is certainly not the most protective of cases. If they're you're normal kid and may be rough with it you may want to consider the OtterBox for the iPad and the Logitech Tablet Keyboard. They're separate but they work very very very well together (no latency) and the iPad will have great protection. The downside is that its not the lowest-cost solution at all.

There's a decent Zagg keyboard case too but its not nearly as protective as an OtterBox. Here's the OtterBox on my Air but the rMini's looks pretty much the same. I love knowing they're so well protected (including the screen) against every day bumps and bruises.

qu5a4ave.jpg

Sent from my MF003LL/A 🔘

Bradley Spence

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Well, it depends on how they take care of their things. The Ultrathin is certainly not the most protective of cases. If they're you're normal kid and may be rough with it you may want to consider the OtterBox for the iPad and the Logitech Tablet Keyboard. They're separate but they work very very very well together (no latency) and the iPad will have great protection. The downside is that its not the lowest-cost solution at all.

There's a decent Zagg keyboard case too but its not nearly as protective as an OtterBox. Here's the OtterBox on my Air but the rMini's looks pretty much the same. I love knowing they're so well protected (including the screen) against every day bumps and bruises.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/02/qu5a4ave.jpg

Sent from my MF003LL/A 🔘

I'm not sure if I'm suppose to speak about ZAGG's new products I saw at their in-house product launch event but ZAGG is making an ultra-rugged keyboard case that should be released this summer. I saw a prototype and it is AWESOME.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I use Zagg GLASS for the screen and Zagg Invisible Shield HD for the back of my 5s along with one of my three different Spigen cases...This works for ME...SMILE

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It depends on the day...sometimes I use a case for my iPhone sometimes I don't. I own way to many cases to list but my case today is a Lego case.

I have a bunch of cases for my iPad too & I never go naked on that. The case for the iPad today is a Coach leather case.

uratesy5.jpg

7y3ygahe.jpg

apytu5e7.jpg

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It depends on the day...sometimes I use a case for my iPhone sometimes I don't. I own way to many cases to list but my case today is a Lego case.

I have a bunch of cases for my iPad too & I never go naked on that. The case for the iPad today is a Coach leather case.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/02/uratesy5.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/02/7y3ygahe.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/02/apytu5e7.jpg

Did you get the Lego case from the Lego store? I need one in my life! Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you get the Lego case from the Lego store? I need one in my life! Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I sure did!! This was the last one they had and I had to have it. I tried to pick out a few Legos for it but my friend was getting real irritated with all the children running wild, he paid for it real quick & pushed me out the store:rotfl:

Out of all my cases, this is my fave!!! You definitely gotta get one LOL

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a smart case on my retina mini, and a Speck candyshell on my iPod touch. I'm a little too clumsy to let my devices go naked.

Posted via the Android iMore App!

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a case with front magnetic flap on my rMini and wife's 3.

No screen protector. Those get scratched up fast and you end up looking at scratches all the time anyway.

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Thx again for your input Halcyon, I've taken your advice and opted for the ultra thin. He is pretty good with his devices and it looks like the Clam case pro is not available in Canada yet.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/02/qu5a4ave.jpg

Sent from my MF003LL/A 🔘

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Always a case on my iPhones. I don't care if it looks less sexy. I'd rather that than have a $600+ dollar paperweight that used to look gorgeous because I dropped it from 12 inches. Always a minimal case though. None of that ugly otter box/life proof ****.

On my iPads though I only put a screen protector on it because 1. It's big enough to hold that I'm not going to drop it, 2. it's big enough that a case on it would be awkward to use, and 3. I baby the hell out of my ipad.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Edit: have the Speck Candy shell grip on the i5 and a zagging invisible screen protector on the rMini.

DanielSwanborough

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I use a case always that covers the back, and I used to use screen protectors, but I don't anymore as I think the ruin the experience

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I use a case always that covers the back, and I used to use screen protectors, but I don't anymore as I think the ruin the experience

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

I think it depends on the screen protectors. Cheap ones can certainly impact the touch experience but a good tempered glass protector can't be beat.

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘

terfos

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I use a SmartCase for my iPad Air and the leather Apple case on my iPhone for normal use and an OtterBox when I'm going to be outside in a questionable environment.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner